• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MKDP vs Essex&London

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MKDP vs Essex&London

This morning I have received a notice of proposed allocation to the Small Claims Track.
    I still haven't received any documents from MKDP/Barclays. I tried to call Barclays regarding the letter that they sent but you get an automated system where you have to enter your account number - the computer then says your account is being dealt with by the compello group (mkdp). I e-mailed MKDP and they repeated that they don't have the documents and are requesting them.
    Should I just complete this form and return to the court at the Northampton address? Should this be on MCOL now? Is there anything else I should be doing at this stage?

Comment

Yes you should complete the form. In the reasons for not mediating box just put that you feel unable to mediate without any evidence or documents being put forward by the claimant.

The Directions Q does need to be done on paper (or email) rather than MCOL.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks so much for the all advice. The forum is amazing and the advice you give is very good.

I don't have a box to put a reason for not mediating. Just question A1 - Do you agree to this case being referred to the Small Claims Mediation Service. Should I attach a separate note to the Directions Q that I return?

Comment

This case is still hanging around and I would appreciate some help
          To bring in up to date;
          1) There was a preliminary hearing on the 22nd December which I attended.
          2) At the hearing I stated I had not received any documentation.
          3) The Judge ordered the claimant to serve all documentation to be by the 30th Jan.
          4) A 2nd preliminary hearing was listed for the 6th March
          5) No documentation was received by 30th Jan.
          6) Today I collected a letter from the sorting office from MKDP (delivery was attempted to my address yesterday but nobody was in to sign for it)
          7) The letter contained a witness statement from MKDP with what looks like the correct documentation attached.

I am a bit stressed as the hearing is in 7 days time and I don't know what to do to avoid a CCJ - I feel that MKDP have acted unfairly in not providing the documentation to me before now.

Comment

Originally posted by Essex&London View Post
            This case is still hanging around and I would appreciate some help
            To bring in up to date;
            1) There was a preliminary hearing on the 22nd December which I attended.
            2) At the hearing I stated I had not received any documentation.
            3) The Judge ordered the claimant to serve all documentation to be by the 30th Jan.
            4) A 2nd preliminary hearing was listed for the 6th March
            5) No documentation was received by 30th Jan.
            6) Today I collected a letter from the sorting office from MKDP (delivery was attempted to my address yesterday but nobody was in to sign for it)
            7) The letter contained a witness statement from MKDP with what looks like the correct documentation attached.

I am a bit stressed as the hearing is in 7 days time and I don't know what to do to avoid a CCJ - I feel that MKDP have acted unfairly in not providing the documentation to me before now.
            As the hearing on 6 March is only a prelim one, no formal decision is likely to be made. I would write to MKDP and the Court pointing out this significant delay. Go along to the prelim and open with that point, explaining you have not had enough time to consider the papers and more importantly, your position.

Comment

Did you contact the court at all after the 30th January deadline passed?
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

No - I was probably naive and just thought I would pitch up on the 6th March and the case would be struck out.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X