• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

NCC Me v Egg/Aktiv/Chivers Easton Brown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCC Me v Egg/Aktiv/Chivers Easton Brown

Hi all,

I have received a letter from Northampton County Court in relation to an egg credit card debt. I took the card out in 2001. In 2008 I could not afford minimum payment, had read about possible unenforceability so buried my head and stopped paying.

It is due to be statute barred (I think) on the 01 July 2014. I last paid to the account on 1st July 2008.

I am considering defending due to the agreement, can anyone have a look and see what they think please?? It is an old address that is on the original agreement. This is all they sent when is did a CCA request.

Many thanks

Phil
    Last edited by Amethyst; 20th June 2014, 15:33:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: NCC Me v Egg/Aktiv/Chivers Easton Brown

See Duncan Brown of Chivers Easton Brown mentioned and if that is so thru Northampton then SB stops, BUT give peepes more information i.e. the actual date of last payment? default date (note:- last payment would be months before default date?> make sure no personal info on any downloads, and acknowledge receipt on line as per N1 as this gives more time to sort out>
    also If default entered July 2008 and no payment just before or acknowledgement since then Statute Barred comes to mind and they are chancing their arm.

6 years england or 5 years scotland SB times

Comment

Last payment July 1st 2014.

default date October 16th 2014

no default notice, deed of assignment or signatures (pre 2005 required I think)

Comment

Originally posted by phillippage View Post
        Last payment July 1st 2014 (Not got there yet). ???1st July 2008

default date October 16th 2014 again do you mean 2008?

no default notice, deed of assignment or signatures (pre 2005 required I think)
        ok stop and think you are getting in a muddle,??

Date last Payment in say 2008?

Date defaulted in 2008?

Any acknowledgement in the meantime i.e. payments or letter stating acknowledge the alledged debt?

Or as you state buried your head in the sand and nothing happened during that time till now???

Date of assignment anf to whom?

Comment

Oops,

default oct 16 2008
          last payment July 1st 2008.
          never made any payment since. I have been in written contact regarding SAR, cca etc but always stating that I didn't acknowledge any debt to the company.

sorry

Comment

Oops,

default oct 16 2008
            last payment July 1st 2008.
            never made any payment since. I have been in written contact regarding SAR, cca etc but always stating that I didn't acknowledge any debt to the company.

sorry
            in that case if N1 issued SB is superseaded by court action if you live in England, but scotland then the 5 year rule would set the SB .

acknowledge that you intend to defend on the site mentioned on the N1 form that gives more time to sort things ou, have you got the CCA copy and other request you made?

Comment

I have asked member of the Main team to look in by reporting this thread to them, they are more able to advise etc?

Comment

Yes I attached the credit card agreement on my first post.

thankyou

Comment

Yes I attached the credit card agreement on my first post.

thankyou
                  anything else attached to that signature page etc??

Comment

Terms and conditions were but that is all

Comment

Terms and conditions were but that is all

ok wait and somebody will be along soon to ask/help you!

Comment

By the way you must delete the so called CCA and resubmit on here MINUS your personal details////urgent111

Comment

Okay, CCA looks compliant and you're not statute barred. The time stops accruing once a court claim is submitted.

Approx how much is the claim for ?

The credit agreement you have attached when did you last request the CCA formally? You can send another CCA request to the claimants (if either 6 months since last time or its a new creditor - ie debts been sold) and you should also send a CPR 31.14 request (http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ic-information) and ask for the default notice, assignment and the agreement/contract on which they are basing the claim, and of course, make sure you have acknowledged the claim. - Could you also type up the particulars of claim from the claim form pls.

I#ll remove the CCA pending removal of personal details I appreciate your username is real name and the address is old but best to be secure)
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi, claim is for £7000. I have requested all documents today (default notice, assignment,) but cca I only got a couple of weeks ago. I took card out in 2001. Thought they should have signatures is this not the case? I had also read the term 'approved limit' was not compliant as it should say 'credit limit'

thanks

Comment

I had also read the term 'approved limit' was not compliant as it should say 'credit limit'
                              Sorry, http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ugust-9th-2010 -

We note your reiteration of your argument in relation to the use of the term "Approved Limit". You allege that we have failed to comply with section 61 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (the CCA) by failing to include all of the terms prescribed by schedule 6 of the Consumer Credit Act (agreement) Regulations") on the basis that the credit limit is described as the "Approved Limit". This allegation is incorrect. The form of agreement used by Egg contains all of the relevant information prescribed both by Schedule 1 and by Schedule 6 of the Agreement Regulations. "Approved Limit" is specifically defined in Condition 1.3 of your agreement as the amount you can borrow from time to time on the account and is therefore clearly understandable. There is no requirement under the CCA to use a particular term or phrase when describing the amount of credit. The description of the credit limit complies with paragraph 8(b) of schedule 1 of the Agreement Regulations. This has been confirmed by the High Court in Alexandra Slater v Egg Banking plc (9 August 2010, high Court, Mold District Registry, unreported).
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X