• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome Finance - Repo & Court - HELP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Finance - Repo & Court - HELP

Hi,

I'm a newbie here, so very sorry if this is something that's been asked before.

Lets start at the beginning.

I purchased a 206CC from a dealer in April 2007 - only been a kid, I was naïve and it was on credit FOR £6,499. The finance was done by "WELCOME FINANCE" at 30.9% APR! I signed the agreement for 48 months and drove my girly car away.

After numerous job fails and other issues, I failed to make payments and in October 2009 the was repossessed. Now when the car went, I was led to believe that it would be a case of clearing the debt as such, no court order was done and no paper work signed. The simply sent a rather large fellow, who blocked the car in on a public drive, and took it away. I was told if I sign a new agreement with a different payment plan, the car would be returned, as it was going to be kept safe In a compound.

It gets interesting, 3 weeks later, the car was reported to the Police for having no insurance and in the same spot on a public road 60 MILES away. It was being used now and again by the repos son (apparently) I found this out after the police came to me to notify me the car was uninsured. Lucky enough, the understood and dropped it.

I then heard nothing, for a long time, thinking I was in the clear. February 2014, I received a letter from IND telling me they are taking me to court for finance agreement (the court summons has the WRONG account number) So I denied I owe the amount of £11,000.

NOW...I'm panicking!!

I have dug out the old agreement & added up the amount paid over the time I had the car (including the £2000 they go for the car at auction) this comes to over £6500!

When going through the old paper work, I noticed on my agreement, it says that if I had paid £3570.80 - They CAN NOT repo the car without a court order, if they do so, I am entailed to all of the money I have paid BACK. At the date they repossessed the car, I had paid over that amount.

So..I'm now at the point were the Courts have summons me to appear on the 14th May 2014. -notice of allocation to the small claims track (hearing)

Do I argue I have paid the principle back so why are they chasing someone 7 years later.
    OR
    Do I argue I have no idea what the credit agreement number is as it has nothing to do with me (on court summons)
    OR
    Do I simply explain to the courts they have taken the car without a court order, and have shot them selves in the foot, as I would like every penny I paid back?
    OR
    ANY OTHER suggestions.

I do no doubt for one second, I was stupid to ignore this for such a time, but we learn from mistakes and I now have a £600 Fiesta! NO CREDIT for me ever again!!
    Tags: None

Re: Welcome Finance - Repo & Court - HELP

Just to make you aware of the sums paid etc.

I had paid:

£4,569.91 up until the car was Repo'd - a £1,000 stated in there credit agreement OVER the amount allowed for it to be reposed without a court order.

Then a further £1918.05 was paid off when the car was sold.

Brining the total to £6487.91 PAID - The original loan was £6499.00 - Do I offer to pay £11.09 in order to argue I have paid every penny borrowed in theory, why is the amount claimed over £11,000?

Comment

I now have a £600 Fiesta! NO CREDIT for me ever again!!
      Sounds like a perfect plan. We have had a £390 Galaxy for the last three years and it's done us just fine.

Anyway, to the matter in hand, Did you receive the court claim papers from the court ?

Could you type up the Particulars of Claim pls, and how much the total claim is for (before the court fee / solicitors costs)

Who is the Claimant ? IND ?

You are at allocation stage so presumably you have entered a defence ? could you post that up too please ?

February 2014, I received a letter from IND telling me they are taking me to court for finance agreement (the court summons has the WRONG account number) So I denied I owe the amount of £11,000.
      Do you have, or have you asked for, a copy of the original credit agreement.?

Figure out exactly where you are and whats happened to date with the court and we can go from there.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi,

Claim Form;

Particulars of claim:
        The claimant claims for funds under fixed sum loan agreements etc etc.......

It then go's on to say
        Hire Purchase account number 2XXXXXXX (this is wrong, I have the original letter with a completely different account number) ARREARS BALANCE OF £8300.44 AS OF 26/6/2009 INTEREST UNDER S69 OF THE COUNTY COURT ACT 1984 AT RATE OF 8% A YEAR FROM 26/6/09 TI 7/1/14 AND ALSO SAME INTEREST RATE UP YO DATE OF JUDGMENT OF 1.82%

OVER TO AMOUNT CLAIMED:
        £11313.16
        COURT FEE: 190
        SOLS FEE: £0
        TOTAL Amount: £11503.16

Initially my defence was;
        I have no idea what account this is, I have NO account with welcome finance under account number 2xxxxx. (POOR I KNOW)

The have pushed on and the courts issued the NOTICE OF ALLOCATION TO THE SMALL CLAIMS HEARING requesting the clamant supply a copy of the
        1.Credit agreement
        2.Detail statement of account

A week later I received

A copy of the credit agreement (is the true one as I have the original)
        a black copy of the credit agreement - what does black mean?
        A copy of the statement of Account.

It was then when I realised when adding up the sums paid up until the car was taken away that I have in fact paid MORE than the allocated amount.

NOW... on the signed credit agreement - My original & the copy, there is NO agreement number - how ever, I have the original confirmation of HIRE PURCHASE from Welcome dated 28th March 2007 and the account number is actually 4xxxxxx
        Last edited by nickprice153; 15th March 2014, 13:43:PM. Reason: Reference numbers

Comment

I don't know whether its in my interest to instruct a Solicitor. I have no idea how much this would cost :\

Comment

Okay dokey, your defence will why the case has been allocated to small claims as you basically deny having any idea what the debt is for. The court has ordered the claimants to provide information ( 1.Credit agreement 2.Detail statement of account ) - does the order that asked for that information have another point on it - ie that you can then amend your defence?

So you have been sent the copy of the original credit agreement, a blank copy of the credit agreement, copy of the statement of Account.

Would you be able to scan / photograph the credit agreement and post it up (or email it to admin@legalbeagles.info - REMOVE PERSONAL INFO FIRST) so we can check it over, as well as the terms and conditions of the account.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Ahh also the statement of account, if you can, or type up the payments....does it show the reposession of the vehicle in the account statement ?
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

I have emailed you a copy of the forms.

It shows a lump sum payment being made, which is the car being sold and clearing some off.

Thanks for you help again!

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  Ahh also the statement of account, if you can, or type up the payments....does it show the reposession of the vehicle in the account statement ?
                  All done.

Someone has said that the Claim form from the court states - "claim is for a fixed sum loan agreement " not for HPI - Which they are not able to reposes the car?

yes as you will see, the signed agreement is clearly for a "Hire Purchase"

Comment

All received Two mins
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Can you send me the other page of the account statement pls xx oh and page 1 of the credit agreement.

How much was the actual purchase price of the car? £6499 ?
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

No problem

I will send now

The purchase of the car was £6499 yup.....It was such a nice car lol...at the time! Clearly saw me coming!

Comment

Ummm yes lol. Anyone who spells Car with a K is worth avoiding; still we live and learn

Once have all the bits I'll get them uploaded.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

The garage has actually closed down in the years gone by, so clearly had problems.

Thanks

Comment

all received ta xx ( I guessed your occupation right too )
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X