• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please help - very worried. Ref: IND/Hegarty LLP/Aktiv Kapital/MBNA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Please help - very worried. Ref: IND/Hegarty LLP/Aktiv Kapital/MBNA

Attaching the docs IND sent 21st Nov...which was after the due date for filing with courts...

They include reply to s78 and also provide statement showing last payment.

Would the court consider this late filing?
    Attached Files

Comment

They should be required to apply for relief from sanction if they have missed a deadline. Having said that if relief should be granted (not if it will be but should be) then you may annoy a judge who will see little/no prejudice since you had ages to take note of the evidence.

Is the s78 reply accurate or is it defendable ?

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
        They should be required to apply for relief from sanction if they have missed a deadline. Having said that if relief should be granted (not if it will be but should be) then you may annoy a judge who will see little/no prejudice since you had ages to take note of the evidence.

M1
        the S78 is a letter they sent, with a copy of the s78 law.....and the person has writted on one of the statements...

im stuck in hospital at the moment....my boy was admitted for the day for investigation....

i will scan through what they sent tomorrow morning....

thanks

Comment

M1
          but deadlines given by the courts should be respected - otherwise why would they set dates?

Comment

Originally posted by HB10 View Post
            but deadlines given by the courts should be respected - otherwise why would they set dates?
            I'm not arguing. There might be mileage in it but Denton v White has kind of dulled down Mitchell v Newsgroup. Ideals are one thing and practicalities are another (usually).

I don't always recall all details in a case soi might be wrong in your case since i don't recall the details precisely.

M1

Comment

Hi, We really need to look at the agreement they have sent xx Hope your boy is okay xxx
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Attaching the s78 info they sent

3 attachments - IND letter, s78, statement with sig

M1
                Attached Files

Comment

Attaching the s78 info they sent

3 attachments - IND letter, s78, statement with sig

There is no agreement there ?

I do note however the statement is for £7k + and the letter states you owe £9k +. Depending on when the s78 was and what the balance actually is there could be an issue with that.

M1

Comment

So they haven't sent an agreement? Just these from ages ago (reading back to find out ) ahhh yes http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...605#post492605 so we still only have that 'agreement'

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

The signed statement they sent shows last payment made March 2007. - that fulfills their court order doesn't it ? And makes it statute barred as that is over 6 years before the bought the court claim.

''Court Claim form dated 20th Nov 2013''

The DN is dated Jan 2010 but your argument all along has been last payment was over 6 years ago - and that still stands doesn't it ??

These are the statements they have sent.

st_with_sig.pdf (224.9 KB, 5 views)

''DDJ Davies ordered that “the claimant shall by 4pm on 14th July 2014 comply with paragraph 1 of the order of April 25th 2014. In the event it is not complied with, it will be assessed that the last payment made was at last 6 years ago”.''

''6. The Defendant contends that the debt claimed is statute barred pursuant to the provisions of Section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980. The claim appears to be based on simple contract and an excess of 6 years have elapsed since any cause of action may have accrued. The claim that the Claimant's are entitled to payment of £9,002.75 plus interest, or any other sum, or relief of any kind, is denied.''
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        The signed statement they sent shows last payment made March 2007. - that fulfills their court order doesn't it.

''Court Claim form dated 20th Nov 2013''

Don't know. I just deal with what's asked at the time. I haven't the will or time to read back tons of pages in all the threads i read. (if that makes me sound like a dick, i'm sorry)

From a s78 point of view, i'm wondering what was the state of account at the point the s78 was placed/answered and if the statement is accurate. The info from the letters is hugely contrasting so needs investigated.

M1

Comment

These are the agreement docs they filed with the Court in Nov - for the hearing.

There was no agreement attached with the late filing docs - s78 etc
                          Attached Files

Comment

THe signed statement is march 2007..... they have included statements all the way to 2009 - one which does show a payment 30 sep 2009

Comment

THe signed statement is march 2007..... they have included statements all the way to 2009 - one which does show a payment 30 sep 2009
                              When did you send s78 ? When did they reply ?

Also it appears at first glance that the agreement you just posted cannot be a valid s78 reply. There are no updated terms and conditions for starters.

Is the payment real ?

M1

Comment

When did you send s78 ? When did they reply ?

Also it appears at first glance that the agreement you just posted cannot be a valid s78 reply. There are no updated terms and conditions for starters.

M1
                                - s78 was applied 6th dec 2013

- their reply was 21st nov 2014 (this was the late filing they did along with the statements)

- yes i would think the payment was real

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X