• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Notice of discontinuance but still CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Notice of discontinuance but still CCJ

Thank you for this information I shall be looking into that too.
    I'll have a read of the wrongful default forum you mentioned.

Comment

Just an update. Not heard from the insurance since ringing them. But to make matters worse we have now started receiving calls from a company called CRS stating we owe money. Everyday since just after Christmas they ring. It's an automated line, did some research on the web and I've not been answering these calls. Answered one call which took me to a woman that wanted to know my name, telephone number and address. As i wouldn't give her this information, due to them ringing me they should have it already she kindly said "ok sir we will end this call here" and hung up.

I'm going to ring the insurance company again tomorrow as this is nothing to do with me and it's starting to stress my wife out too.
      Last edited by mrobbo197; 3rd January 2013, 23:18:PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post

Durkin v HFC got 8k :tinysmile_aha_t:

This is excellent news I was under the impression that Durkin was still awaiting the appeal, do you have more details, I am considering taking similar action myself over an incorrectly placed default.

Comment

I think Durkin is still waiting to go to the Supreme Court, but could well be wrong - case law is not my forte.

I think Kpohraror v Woolich Building Society was around £8K after interest had been added though.

Comment

Thanks, I have a problem with a DN on a Voluntary termination, they removed it eventually but not before I had to use a sub prime lender, I am now locked into this for five years.

Sorry for the hijack, I will start my own thread.

Comment

Another update.

Insurance have proof that the ccj was set aside, so it now seems it's the CRA's error. Any advice would be appreciated.

The insurance company is sending us the copy of the letter from the court stating the CCJ was set aside. I then need to inform the CRA that their records need updating.

I find this really disgusting that its been sitting there for just over a year. I will be taking it further but where do I go from here?

Comment

Have you checked trust online ---> http://www.trustonline.org.uk/ to see if the CCJ appears on their records?

Comment

No I haven't, checking it out now.
                  It's showing as active on callcredit website.

Comment

Just checked it out on that site and it's there, showing as unsatisfied!

Comment

Awesome signature, Parrot!

Comment

Originally posted by mrobbo197 View Post
                        Just checked it out on that site and it's there, showing as unsatisfied!
                        The court should notify the register that the judgment was set aside, you will have to contact the court to get them to update their records:
                        If judgment was entered in error, application must be made to the court to have the judgment set aside for which a court fee of £75 is payable (payable to HMCTS). If granted the court should notify us to remove the judgment from the register.
                        See item 28 ---> http://www.trustonline.org.uk/faqs-help/

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
                          Awesome signature, Parrot!
                          All thanks to you, Debt Star :first:, you are indeed a star! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Comment

I was under the impression from the insurance that they have proof that it has been set aside so surely i dont need to get it set aside again?

insurance have told me its a CRA error

Comment

No, you don't need it set aside again, but you need to make sure the records are updated to reflect that fact. Trust online is the official register of CCJs, court orders and fines, separate from the CRAs.

Comment

So I guess they are the first port of call once I get the copy of the proof

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X