• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Trying to find Goode quote - for court case Friday!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find Goode quote - for court case Friday!

Hi all,
    I'm defending a case currently against RBS (Mint) relalted to a defective DN. The case is to be heard end of this week. I have a quote from Goode but need to be able to reference it - which book, page etc. I'm a bit loathe to post up the actual quote here as "guests" may well be about (pretty sure they watch my thread on another site).

Can anyone help please??
    Tags: None

More than likely it is in 'Consumer Credit: Law and Practice : Roy Goode '

Bit difficult to give a precise reference though without the text though assume it is the one outlined Legal Beagles Consumer Forum - View Single Post - Cabot quoting Goode on DN's ? There are some good references to it in Interpretation Act s7 v CCA 1974 s176/189 - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Trying to find Goode quote - for court case Friday!

No, it's not either of those two. I could PM you the text if that would help?

Comment

Have you tried a search on http://www.bailii.org - a free database of legal judgements ?

Comment

No, haven't found it on Bailii.

Comment

Yes PM it to me and I'll have a look.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

You might be able to find it in your local library, assuming you are in a largeish city or a university library if you are near one and they will let you in. Might be worth looking for the same or similar principle in Guest & Lloyds Encyclopedia of Consumer Credit Law.

Comment

Thanks for that jebedee. I will try my local library tomorrow but I'm a long way away from a city or Uni.

Comment

Have relied to your PM saying basically the same as jebedee xx The only place publicly available online with the quote in those terms is on CAG.

How important is the quote to your case ? ie. does it need to be that quote or can you make the same point from the CCA without needing to specifically reference Goode.

(and don't worry about the 'guests' any new thread that is posted attracts around 27 various spiders which show up as guests on thread almost immediately )

(also to tell you what you already know, don't include quotes and references in legal documents that you haven't actually seen yourself in context, especially copying arguments from the internet forums as things can be changed like Chinese whispers over time, always get things direct from the source before relying on them - if you find useful quotes then find the source, or find another way of making the same point using information and references you can access and check the source of)
                  Last edited by Amethyst; 23rd February 2011, 17:10:PM.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X