• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Why does a claimant say that no DN IS REQUIRED

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does a claimant say that no DN IS REQUIRED

As a neewbie to this site is there anyone out there can explain to me the following ... Who has to issue a DN is it the original Creditor ? does a company that has bought a debt have to issue one too ? Cabot are saying that no default notice is required, am really confused .. Can someone help please
    Tags: None

Re: Why dores a claimant say that no DN IS REQUIRED

The Original Creditor, but if the debt has been sold in its entirety i.e the creditors rights under any agreement then the DCA buying the debt will have to Issue a Default Notice.

For This to happen though first you must receive a termination notice from the Original Creditor and a Notice of Assignment from the DCA or or other financial organisation who is buying the debt.
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Are Cabot claiming the whole outstanding balance or just arrears due ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

They are claiming the whole balance, they also have issued a representation of the NOA ....., have managed to defend this until now but the judge has ordered them to file amended POC which i need to defend

Comment

Whats the amended POC say ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

1. The claimant is and was at all material times a purchaser of debt
            2. The Defendant enetered a written agreement with Egg banking under the CCA 1974
            3, it was an express prescribed term of the contract for the defendant to pay each month etc...
            4, express prescribed term of the contract that the assignor would set an approved limit for the defendant's account and tell her what thie is
            5, The defendant has breached both the repayment term and the limit as prescribed by the assignor.

Particulars of breach.......... goes on how failed to repay adequatley,

6. how the claimant has suffered loss, having become entitled to the claimed sum
            for the reasons outlined below.

7.1 on 1st oct 2009 the assignor legally assigned all of its rights, title and interst under the contract with the defendant

7.2 on the 9th Oct 2009 and on the 2nd feb 2010 NOA was given to the defendant by sending the same by ordinary post.

7.3 the claimant has applied interest at the rate of 12%, Having acquired the rights, title and interest under the contract the claimant was entitled to apply the contractual rate of interest which is higher.

7.4 since assignment the def has failed to remedy her breach

7.5 for the foregoing reasons the claimant is entitled to the sum of ( whole sum of debt quoted )

being arrears and interest due in relation to the defendants account,

Really am confused as what i am suppose to be doing with this

Thanks for your help

Comment

Re: Why does a claimant say that no DN IS REQUIRED

also looking back on the correspondance i have had with Morgans they have said that they have claimed assignment under the LOP the rights not duties-is that significant ........... really getting confused by all this any help gratefully recieved

Comment

Where have they said no DN has been issued nor is required ?

Have you never had a DN from Egg ?
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

I recieved the following.............on the general form of judgement or order it is ordered that;

1. under the para 1(b) of the order of the 23rd july if the claimant says that no default notice was required the claimant should plead the same.
                  2, the claimant shall file amended POC ( It is what i posted above )

does this make sense...it does not to me,thanks
                  ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                  also cant remember if DN ever recieved from egg
                  Last edited by POPSICLES; 18th November 2010, 18:36:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

well considering that was the order, theres nothing mentioned of a DN in the amended POC.

Whats the order from 23rd July?
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

The order wanted DN, copies of CCA, Document contract or deed of assignment, NOA,

and I had to serve an amended defence setting out all the facts which are disputed.

I did that saying -I had not had a DN, NOA ( i was sent a representation of NOA ) Deed or contract of assignment, and a dodgey CCA

W

Then I recieved the other Order

Comment

Ok the judge has ordered the claimant plead why a DN was not required, or disclose the DN, because if Egg didnt issue a DN or Termination notice (and the NoA does not suffice) Egg cannot enforce the debt. Egg have to have given you chance to remedy the default else they can't terminate or ask for payments not yet due under the contract and could only claim arrears outstanding at that point.

They have just left any mention of a DN out of that POC.

What is the actual situation with the debt ? (historically from where things went wrong with Egg)
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

things went wrong about three years ago,

Comment

The debt was handed around a few DCA then Cabot popped up and I got a court papers from northampton, they asked for a stay as they did not have any paperwork to move this forward and i had asked for everything, however they sent me a CCA and a representation of a NOA, and statements from EGG, the judge ordered all the bits they had not sent then the amended POC claim came through with this bit re DN..this has really confused me on how to respond.

They state they are after the whole debt so EGG are no longer in the picture, sorry if i sound a bit thick but this whole DN has confused me and as you said they did not even mention it in there amended POC..thanks for your advice

Comment

I had to serve an amended defence setting out all the facts which are disputed.
                              I did that saying -I had not had a DN, NOA ( i was sent a representation of NOA ) Deed or contract of assignment, and a dodgey CCA

can you post up the defences entered to date, then you have the opportunity to file a further amended defence in response to this amended POC, which again, oddly would be asking for the DN.....will have a look in CPRs if you can just go back saying non complaince with order against the POC rather than a new amended defence, but would def like to see whats gone in to date.

and just to confirm - you do not recall ever having had a 'pay the arrears within 14 days or we'll terminate your account and set a dca on you' DN letter from egg ?
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X