• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Geffrye's Friend v CL Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geffrye's Friend v CL Finance

Hi,

Friend of mine has the same problem- the same CL Finance Limited, signed by thesame Howard Cohen. The debt was assigned on 22nd July 2009 and the claim form was sent on 28 July 2009.

My question is which of the same should she fill and send to Northampton Court?

I read all the advice being given to 'plumfin' but this is a legal matter and don't want to make any mistake.

*My friend couldn't use the internet so, I am doing it on her behalf.

Many thanks.

The claim forms contain
    Admission form
    Response Pack
    Defence and Conterclaim form

Re: Can I be sued by CL without default notice?

If the claims through Northampton there should be a claim number and password on the front of the form, your friend can deal with the intial stages on internet (or you can with her) First thing to do is the ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF SERVICE - just tick Intend to Defend in Full and get that in within 2 weeks of the claim receipt.

Can you type up the full particulars of claim from the front of the claim form or scan it in if you can (remove personal info before posting though) please and give as much background info around the debt as poss ?

I'll also move this to a new thread just for you.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Well Geff, if you have read through this thread Legal Beagles you'll know what to do.
      basically you send a CPR31.14 request to Cohens for information.
      File Acknowledgement after 14 days and a holding defence after a further 14 days, ie 28 days after service.
      Then bring to the courts attention Cohens non-compliance with CPR and go from there.

Comment

Re: Geffrye's Friend v CL Finance

Curleyben & Amethyst

Thank you very much. I've told her to send the 'Response Pack' tostart with and I'll be writing the CPR 31.14 for her to send to Cohens as well.

I'll get back back to you as soon as I get full details of the matter, but for the time being...I say you guys are GREAT and many thanks.

Regards

Comment

Re: Geffrye's Friend v CL Finance

If you could scan and post the POC that would be extremely useful..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X