• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim Form for over £16,000 - PLEASE can someone help/assist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atticus View Post
    Simply ask. Always put it in writing: 21st century communication methods are acceptable.
    Well, I am currently skeptical of 21st century communication with these as I still have not had a response about an extension since emailing them yesterday, nearly 24 hours have past & the office will be closed soon.

Do they legally have a time limit to respond? They know full well time is of the essence for me so it feels as if they are dragging it out on purpose.

Comment

You may ask yourself why you left it so late to make the request. Lawyers do not jump to the "reply all" button the moment some defendant sends an email.
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Lloyd323 View Post

Well, I am currently skeptical of 21st century communication with these as I still have not had a response about an extension since emailing them yesterday, nearly 24 hours have past & the office will be closed soon.

Do they legally have a time limit to respond? They know full well time is of the essence for me so it feels as if they are dragging it out on purpose.

Follow up with a call.

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
          You may ask yourself why you left it so late to make the request. Lawyers do not jump to the "reply all" button the moment some defendant sends an email.
          So legally do they even have to respond? If so how long?

I want to ask about the signature but have a feeling if I ask before I get this answer it will lower my chances. But hey, what do I know? I don't know how the system works.

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

Follow up with a call.
          I have sent a second email with the company email also added in this time. If I hear nothing I will call before office hours ends today.

Comment

If you do not receive a reply in time, you should apply to the court for an extension.
            Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

I'm going to lay everything out hear so it may be a few questions. All help appreciated.

So I phoned to Solaris law. Ironically enough my handler has just got back from leave today & is catching up on her emails so I will "probably" will get a reply by the end of the week. Meaning I will get one next week. So on that note how do I apply to the courts for an extension?

As you all know I have been very thankful for all your help but I also feel as if I am being a burden with all my questions all the time. So can anyone provide me details of a Solicitor who may be willing to take this on & have good knowledge with court claims. I am happy to pay what ever it takes. Happy to phone for communication. Wether it's someone on this forum or someone you can suggest or know. Feel free to private message me.

In the mean time whilst I'm looking for the above, I would like to work on this Defense. Now i'm going to be completely honest. I don't have a Scooby Doo what i'm adding or not adding in the link one of you guys provided me. Can you possibly input what "numbers" I should keep in the link below & also what I should add that may not be there?

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...-court-claims/

Comment

You should be looking for a decent commercial litigation solicitor in your area.

You apply to the court using an application notice (form N244). You will have to pay a fee. Here's more: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ication-notice

I am going to be frank now. If the guarantee is valid, you are most unlikely to have a defence that can succeed. This is why I have been wanting to see the guarantee and have been pushing you for details. Sometimes those details yield grounds to challenge the validity of the guarantee, but so far I have seen nothing useful.

You need to be aware that if you lose the case, as it is for more than £10,000 you are likely to be ordered also to pay the claimant's legal costs. You may be wiser to look for a damage limitation strategy, seeking to settle on the best available terms. I think I may have said this before. (Edit - I did, on page 1)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X