• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court claim received 24th May PRA - Barclaycard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Demo8 View Post

Aha on the attachment there is the following attached.

I’m guessing I’m sending to ClaimResponses.CNBC@justice.gov.uk

Correct echat11 ?
    Correct.

Comment

echat11 i went with that address and received correspondence as pictured.

after scanning the doc it ended up being a jpeg file is this acceptable? I haven’t had a chance to following website yet,

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...t05/pd_part05b
      Ideally it should of been a PDF, but that should be o.k., I'm sure they can convert it if needed.

Give them a call tomorrow, just to check.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

Ideally it should of been a PDF, but that should be o.k., I'm sure they can convert it if needed.

Give them a call tomorrow, just to check.
        echat11

After reading the tech spec I’m getting a little anxious as in the defence at top by defendant and claimant I didn’t put full addresses or contact numbers just names plus I don’t think I dated the document.

Comment

Comment

echat11

After reading the tech spec I’m getting a little anxious as in the defence at top by defendant and claimant I didn’t put full addresses or contact numbers just names plus I don’t think I dated the document.
            Update when the Court admin gets back to, you are so predictable.

Comment

echat11 I have received this link in my email with a separate email containing the password.

is this safe to check the link out you reckon?

Comment

echat11 I have received this link in my email with a separate email containing the password.

is this safe to check the link out you reckon?
                You really need to make that decision or better still seek advice from your colleagues.

Comment

echat11
                  I bit the bullet and opened it, it contains my SAR request from PRA 125 pages of it.
                  i will review this info tonight

Comment

One thing I have noticed and a bit confused about so far after a quick glance before dinner,
                    when I requested information from BC there was no agreement just statements and rates etc.

In this PRA request bundle there is the following letter including a reconstituted copy of my credit agreement together with a copy of the terms of your credit agreement as varied in accordance with section 82(1) of the Act.

Below is the main body of the letter from BC to PRA.

I refer to your request for information.

The information we must provide to you under the terms of Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (the "Act") is prescribed by the Act and by the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983. Section 78 of the Act provides that, where a creditor receives a Section 78 request, the creditor shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (and any document referred to in it) and a statement of the account.

I enclose a reconstituted copy of your credit agreement together with a copy of the terms of your credit agreement as varied in accordance with section 82(1) of the Act. This is a statement of the terms of your agreement with us and incorporates any variations to the terms made since you entered into this agreement. However, the interest rates, fees and charges set out in the agreement, may differ from those we have discussed with you, due to the current status of your account.

A statement of your account is below:

The current credit limit on your account is £0.00

The current balance on your account today is £*****.

Due to the current status of your account, the full outstanding balance is now due.

This completes our obligations under Section 78 of the Act.

Does this reconstituted agreement mean that I’m screwed in court now?

Comment

echat11 whats your thoughts on above?

Comment

echat11 whats your thoughts on above?
                        I should be asking you that. You seem to want to debate things.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

I should be asking you that. You seem to want to debate things.
                          echat11 not debate, unsure what a reconstituted copy of a credit agreement is. Not sure if this the agreement that they can use against me in the court?

Comment

Today I received a letter from HM Courts & Tribunals Service

They have acknowledged receipt of my defence.

The letter continued to read as followed,
                            A copy is being served on the claimant. The claimant may contact me directly to attempt to resolve any dispute if the dispute cannot be resolved formally the claimant will inform the court that he wishes to proceed. The court will then inform you of what will happen Where he wishes to proceed the claimant must contact the court within 28 days and after receiving a copy of your defence. After that period has elapsed the claim will be stayed. The only action claimant can then take will be to apply to the judge for an order lifting the stay.

Comment

Today PRA responded stating that they have written to the court and are proceeding with their claim.

Should I be worried by this letter or await the court outcome?

echat11

Comment

IMG_9349.jpeg Today I have received a notice of proposed b allocation to the small claims track.
                                Last edited by Demo8; 18th July 2024, 15:11:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X