• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received a claim form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by des8 View Post
    You have until 2nd October to file and serve defence so give it a few more days before writing defence
    ok thankyou will do

Comment

I’ve still not received anything was going to post my defence tomorrow but unsure as how to proceed

Comment

Cpr request not complied then defence is. Quote on such a dare request for xxxx documents no documents received as of today date

Comment

something along the following lines

DEFENCE
          1.The Defendant received the claim xxx from the CCBC on xxx

2.Each and every allegation in the Claimants statement of case is denied unless specifically admitted in this Defence.

3.This claim appears to be a parking charge following a breach of contract

4.It is admitted that the Defendant is the registered keeper of Vehicle xxxx is reg

5.The Claimants statement of case fails to give adequate information to enable the Defendant to properly assess The Defendant's position with regards the claim.

6.The Claimant’s Particulars of Claim do not state the full location of the car park where the alleged breach occurred

7. The Claimant's Particulars of Claim are unclear on whether the Defendant was the driver or was the keeper of the vehicle at the time of the alleged incident.

On the DD/mm/YY the Defendant sent a request for inspection of documents mentioned in the Claimant’s statement of case under Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 to XXXX.

9. xxxx has not sent any of these documents to the Defendant.

10.The Defendant respectfully requests the court orders the Claimant provide the necessary documentation in order for The Defendant to fully plead his case else the Claim should stand struck out.

15.In the event that the relevant documents are received from the Claimant, the Defendant will then be in a position to amend his defence, and would ask that the Claimants bear the costs of the amendment.

16.It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief as claimed or at all.

Statement of Truth

I believe that the facts stated in this Defence are true. I understand that proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in its truth.

Comment

Thankyou for the help ive submitted my defence as instructed and will keep you posted of the outcome thanks again everybody

Comment

Hi i received a Notice of proposed allocation to the small claims track last weekend i haven't seen the date till today but it was for the 27th to file a defense, i thought id have a couple of weeks as i only received the forms on the 21/10/23 I've received all documents for the access request with this and a separate letter saying the legal firm are no longer representing the parking company

Comment

I thought you filed your defence around 1st October!

Perhaps you should post up redacted photos of the documents you have just received

Comment

I've removed my details this is most of the letter

Defendant
                  (including ref.)
                  Date
                  Important Notice
                  If you do not comply with this notice the court will make such order as appears to be appropriate This could include striking
                  out the claim or entering judgment.
                  TAKE NOTICE THAT
                  1. This is now defended claim.
                  The defendant has filed a defense.
                  2. It appears that this t case suitable for allocation to the small claims track.
                  is not the appropriate track JoJ the claim, you must complete box C1 on the Small Claims
                  If you believe that this track
                  Directions Questionnaire (Form N180) and explain why.
                  3. You must by 27 October 2023 complete the Small Claims Directions Questionnaire Form N180) and file it with the
                  court office
                  the Civil National Business Centre, 4th Floor St Katharine's House, 21-27 St Katharine's Street,
                  Northampton, NN1 2LH
                  and serve copies on all other parties.

Comment

You should immediately email your completed form N180 to the court
                    That is not a "defence" form, but a form enabling the judge to give instructions (i.e. directions) to both parties

I do wonder if the claim is being discontinued seeing the solicitors are withdrawing

Comment

Hi ive completed the form I'm not sure where to email it as there is no email address

Comment

Either give them a ring in the morning to confirm email address is: Ccmcce-filing@justice.gov.uk
                        Or, if you can't get through, use that address anyway and send a hard copy with next day delivery.

Mark everything "urgent for attention court manager" and be sure to put in case number

Comment

Thanks id seen that on the .gov website but there was a few and wasn't sure ill call them in the morning and also send via post thanks I appreciate your help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X