• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received a claim form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received a claim form

Hi I’ve received a claim form regarding a parking fine I’d previously ignored there demands thinking they wouldn’t pursue it, they are asking for £255, £170 amount claimed, £35 court fee and £50 legal costs any help would be greatly appreciated as like most we are struggling financially.

Defendant

Particulars of Claim

The Claim is for a breach of contract for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. The Defendant's vehicle,

XXXX XXX, was identified in the Units 1-5

Rxxxx Road on the 04/04/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely

Parked without displaying a valid ticket/permit. At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. The terms and conditions upon entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations.

The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply, namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability.

The Claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.
    Last edited by Danlds; 3rd September 2023, 16:31:PM.
    Tags: None

blank out reg number

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
      blank out reg number
      Thanks

Comment

First up acknowledge the claim but do not enter a defence. This gives you extra time to construct your defence.

Then can you post up the original Notice to Keeper, and a photo of the signs at the car park.

You should also send a Subject Access Request to the parking company, and a CPR 31.14 request to the solicitors who initiated the court claim.
        Links to templates for those requests are to be found in the SHORTCUTS panel on right hand side of this page.

Make sure you do not miss any deadlines set by the court

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
          First up acknowledge the claim but do not enter a defence. This gives you extra time to construct your defence.

Then can you post up the original Notice to Keeper, and a photo of the signs at the car park.

You should also send a Subject Access Request to the parking company, and a CPR 31.14 request to the solicitors who initiated the court claim.
          Links to templates for those requests are to be found in the SHORTCUTS panel on right hand side of this page.

Make sure you do not miss any deadlines set by the court
          ok thanks will do I've probably not got the original notice to keeper though

Comment

Parking company should be sending you a copy NTK following your SAR

Comment

Parking company should be sending you a copy NTK following your SAR
              ok thanks, I'm a little concerned at this stage that the costs will go up as this is a parking company is this likely ?
              also what should i be asking for on the CPR 31.14 it mentions a contract and terms and conditions? and the date I file my defense should be?

Thanks for the help with this its much appreciated as you can imagine I'm a little worried about all this

Comment

Originally posted by Danlds View Post

ok thanks, I'm a little concerned at this stage that the costs will go up as this is a parking company is this likely ? No, in fact the claim is more than is claimable and will be disputed even if you lose in court and so could be reduced
                also what should i be asking for on the CPR 31.14 it mentions a contract and terms and conditions? Yes plus copy of signs and the date I file my defense should be?Don't know as you have not given date claim was issued or when and if you acknowledged it
                Thanks for the help with this its much appreciated as you can imagine I'm a little worried about all this
                responses in red

Comment

responses in red
                  Hi the claim date is 30th august 2023 and I've not sent the acknowledgement of service of yet but will tick defend this claim but have filled nothin in in the defense as you recommended, thanks again

Comment

So you have until end of September in which to file and serve your defence, as long as you acknowledge the claim in time.

Comment

Hi I've sent all the letters away last week and haven't heard anything as of yet will post when i do thanks

Comment

Even if you don't receive any response don't miss the deadline for filing defence at court

Comment

Even if you don't receive any response don't miss the deadline for filing defense at court
                          ok thankyou ill wait till Monday and see what happens

Comment

Even if you don't receive any response don't miss the deadline for filing defense at court
                            HI Ive still not received anything how would i be best proceeding ? thankyou

Comment

You have until 2nd October to file and serve defence so give it a few more days before writing defence

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X