• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot Claim

Hi - Wondering if I can grab some quick advice please,

Cabot submitted a claim via Nothampton via there Solicitors in regards to New Day Aqua -

So Far I have

1) Acknowledged the service online
    2) Borrowed and amended a CCA letter
    3) Borrowed and amended the CP31.14 template
    4) SAR to sent

Claim was issued on 21st July
    I acknowledged on 25th July
    Defence was submitted on 15th August.

I have received only one communication from the solicitor saying this will take time to get the information together and no further action will be taken until they have the information.

So question is - At the moment it is on the Mcol site as Defence Submitted, but nothing more - What is my next step as they have not sent any information and the claim is kind of in Limbo? Does the claim "timeout" for a response from them?

Not sure if that makes sense, please let me know if you need any more info
    Tags: None

Case stayed ring court they will have to pay to unstay it???

Comment

Will give them a bell tomorrow

Comment

Hey - sorry to resurrect a thread…

Since my last post I have had no response or word from Cabot or there solicitor

However this evening I have received an email from Mortimer Clarke asking me to withdraw my defence as they are now looking to lift the stay on the claim.

Given it has been two years. How likely is this?

Also - in response to the defence claim they have said as I have signed an e-sig I have already had the proof I have taken then credit - the supporting doc (102 pages or terms and conditions and a general credit agreement with rates and amounts cc’d out so from what I can see they still have not supplied the information.

In this case - would I write back to them and also submit this to the court?

hope this makes sense?

Comment

Sorry that should have read - they have sent a 102 document with the general t&c and an example credit agreement with no sig at all and my name not mentioned at all on the agreement (credit limits and interest rate are both “xxxxxxx” instead of an amount or name)

Comment

Originally posted by VENOMEXUK View Post
            Sorry that should have read - they have sent a 102 document with the general t&c and an example credit agreement with no sig at all and my name not mentioned at all on the agreement (credit limits and interest rate are both “xxxxxxx” instead of an amount or name)
            If they want to proceed, let them lift the stay. They need to still provide the correct documentation.

Update the thread when they make further contact.

Comment

I have had similar, big wadge of documents with a covering letter suggesting I withdraw my defense because "we have a high success rate in overturning vexations and frivolous defenses such as yours", and an offer of reduced settlement. They also failed to serve the N180, got ordered to serve it and did that late but never sent me a copy, got increasingly threatening over it and I politely told them to spin on it and continue the claim.

Discontinued.

Edit: mine was disputed and getting up to SB before the claim was made, sold by a company that went bankrupt and conveniently omitted was the details of my dispute with the original creditor. Solicitors kept asking for all the information I had on the dispute but I refused to provide it until it was time to submit witness statements and evidence. Was not going to give them a chance to hallucinate documents to disprove the dispute.

Comment

That is very similar to what they have written to me - even citing case law and that “they will apply for a default judgement” which….ummm no it is defended and they have not provided the evidence…
                will draft a letter to them and court this week advising them of change of address and that they have not - to this date - supplies the evidence - in case they forget to update my address and “accidentally” use the old one to get a default judgement. But feels like a fishing and threatening exercise by they solicitor

will update once I hear more :-)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X