• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim Form from Overdales / Lowell Portfolio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim Form from Overdales / Lowell Portfolio

Received a claim? - Yes
    Issue Date: - 25/05/2022
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: - Yes
    Total Amount Claimed : - £750
    Claimant’s Name: - Lowell Portfolio I LTD
    Solicitors Firm: - Overdales Solicitors
    Original Creditor: - Studio
    Original Debt - Catalogue
    Particulars of Claim:

The claim is for the sum of £XXX.XX due by the Defendant under an agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 for a Studio account with an account reference XXXXXXXXXX. The Defendant failed to maintain contractual payments required by the agreement and a default notice was served under s.87(1) of the consumer credit act 1974 which has not been complied with. The debt was legally assigned to the claimant on xx-09-21, notice of which has been given to the defendant. The claim included statutory interest under S.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue of these proceedings in the sum of £XX.XX. The claimant claims the sum of £XXX.XX

Is the debt Statute Barred - No, account is around 3 years old.
    List any letters you have sent - Sending SAR, CCA & CPR31.14 today
    Any Other Information or Background Details: Last payment made DEC 2020

Hey everyone, had a claim form come through a few days ago form the above for a studio account.

I have responded online and plan to defend in full.

I am sending all the relevant letters using the guides here today but just have a couple of questions. With regard to the postal orders do I leave the "payable to" section blank or write in Overdales Solicitors?

Also for the CCA request, does this go to Overdales, Lowell or Studio as they were the original creditor?

Thanks in advance for the help. The guides and info here are superb
    Tags: None

Hi John

a) I am sending all the relevant letters using the guides here today but just have a couple of questions. With regard to the postal orders do I leave the "payable to" section blank or write in Overdales Solicitors?

Write Overdales Solicitors.

b) Also for the CCA request, does this go to Overdales, Lowell or Studio as they were the original creditor?

It goes to Overdales

Update the thread when you get the documents. You must file you defence within 28 days, plus 5 days (postal) regardless of whether you receive the requested documents. Note the date that you need to file your defence. You can find an 'example defence' that you can amend on the left hand side of the webpage, a copy gets sent to the Court and a copy is sent to Overdales, make sure you get Proof of Postage. If you aren't sure just ask.

Comment

Hi Echat, thanks for the reply.

Just to confirm, the CCA request does go to the solicitors, Overdales and not Lowell as the claimant?

This is what I'll be sending by post today

The CCA request to Overdales with a £1 postal order.
      The CPR31.14 request to Overdales, again with a £1 Postal order
      The SAR request to Lowells.

Comment

Cpr no charge. Get proof posting for all free

Comment

Thanks Mike, I wont included the postal order with the CPR request.

Upon reading the CCA request guide/template again, it states;

"If you have received a court claim and are sending this as part of the first steps (after acknowledgment of the claim) then it would be advisable to send to the Claimant, but also send a copy to the solicitors address for their information."

So I'm going to send a copy of the CCA request to Lowells and a copy to Overdales.

Comment

Originally posted by John2122 View Post
            Thanks Mike, I wont included the postal order with the CPR request.

Upon reading the CCA request guide/template again, it states;

"If you have received a court claim and are sending this as part of the first steps (after acknowledgment of the claim) then it would be advisable to send to the Claimant, but also send a copy to the solicitors address for their information."

So I'm going to send a copy of the CCA request to Lowells and a copy to Overdales.
            That's fine. If you send the CCA request to Overdales, they will just past it on to Lowell's, who will need to find it (from Studio), if they don't have it. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X