• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please help with a claim form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help with a claim form

Greetings all, I have received a county court claim form on behalf of UPC for an unpaid parking charge in 2017.
    I received this claim 20th December 2021 two days before my Mums funeral so I am only just dealing with it. It was issued December 14th giving me 14 days which is tomorrow 28th.

the claim is for £307.08

We moved twice since this event and I have not to my knowledge had correspondence with this company and I do not believe I agreed to pay as they have stated.

I work with my wife for a charity delivering a knife crime preventative course in schools and honestly cannot afford this fine.

can anyone please help or am I just out of time?

many thanks
    jason
    Last edited by JasonRedZ; 11th January 2022, 16:59:PM.
    Tags: None

Hi Jason

So sorry for your loss.

Acknowledge the claim online, that will give you an extra 14 days to decide if you want to Defend the claim. You also get 5 days regards the postal service etc.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ledge-a-claim/

Ostell is best placed to advise.

Comment

Thanks so much for your reply, I am feeling so stressed and already you have helped alleviate some pressure

Comment

ostell probably help here pls

Comment

SAR request to UKPC

CPR 31.14 request to solicitors for all the documents they intend to use in court in order to narrow the issues between you as expected by the courts. You expect at the minimum the PCN and copies of the signs that created the alleged contract

templates in the shortcuts panel on this page.

Have a read of https://www.dropbox.com/s/16qovzulab...el%20v%20Wilki
          nson.pdf?dl=0 for the additional amounts

Comment

Thank you very much I had a dead line to clear out my Mums flat in order to return the keys its ben heartbreaking making trips to the dump and charity shops with her belongings and I almost forgot about this! I pray I still have time, I will send the request to UKPC and let you know what happens, once again thank you

Comment

Greetings, can you please advise what date I enter here in my request for documents?

'To enable me to file my defence and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defence on xx/xx/xxxx.

Thank you

Comment

Sorry more questions regarding this request:

Firstly is this ok?

Request for documents mentioned in a statement of case under CPR 31.14

On 20/12/2021 I received a County Court claim from yourselves of which I have acknowledged receipt indicating my intention to defend in full.

To enable me to file my defence and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defence on xx/xx/xxxx.

1. Contract
                2. Evidence of agreement to pay

Secondly what do I need to do here? (Section in bold)

If you require more time in which to comply with this request you must tell me in writing and confirm your agreement to an extension of the time allowed for me to file my defence as allowed under CPR 15.5 so I may notify the court.

For your information and records I enclose a copy of the formal request for a copy of the credit agreement relating to this claim, pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974, which has been posted to your client with the statutory fee of £1 today, xx/xx/xxxx.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Once again thank you for all of your help

Comment

Miss out the bit about CCA, it is not relevant

Comment

HI, I realised my defence is due tomorrow so I no longer have time, can you please advise the best defence I can use to submit online tomorrow? Thank you so much

Comment

Hi everyone can I please ask is a sign a legal contract? Also I notice UPCL use the same wording on all their claims that 'The driver agreed to pay within 28 days but did not' This is a lie I have not agreed anything with anyone. Are these good reasons for a defence? I need to attempt to write a defence today ready to submit tomorrow. Any help and advise is greatly appreciated

Comment

Good morning everyone, can someone please help me, I need to submit my defence today and I do not know how to write it. Please help

Comment

Originally posted by JasonRedZ View Post
                          Hi everyone can I please ask is a sign a legal contract? Also I notice UPCL use the same wording on all their claims that 'The driver agreed to pay within 28 days but did not' This is a lie I have not agreed anything with anyone. Are these good reasons for a defence? I need to attempt to write a defence today ready to submit tomorrow. Any help and advise is greatly appreciated
                          No a sign isn't a contract as I understand it, but it could be an offer, which if you then accept would form a contract (assuming there is a consideration), see:

https://hallellis.co.uk/contract-law-basics-formation/

under the section: Essential Elements of Contracts.

If you have it, it might help to post the sign/wording of the sign so others who know more can help.

Regards, John

Comment

Thanks very much John, I do not have any photos as this alleged event was in 2017, they may have changed the signs since then. I need to write a defence and submit it today do you know of any examples I could follow? ostell can you help at all please?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                            X