• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim Letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim Letter

I received a court claim letter for unpaid parking charge from DCB legal via Highview parking, I am on moneyclaim to fill out the acknowlegement of service and just wanted advice. This is a charge dating back to 2017 for an overstay in one of their car parks. All correspondence ignored because they rejected the initial appeal. The reason time overran was because it was a bank holiday and the car park became gridlocked. So short of physically lifting up the car and carrying it out of the car park it was stuck. Highview said more time should be allowed to leave! so yes I will defend it.
    Last edited by Markwendene7; 29th November 2021, 15:12:PM.
    Tags: None

ostell

Comment

They are claiming against the keeper of the car. You can't just change the defendant at will.

Edit so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. Refer to the driver

Have you got any documents?

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
        They are claiming against the keeper of the car. You can't just change the defendant at will.

Edit so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. Refer to the driver

Have you got any documents?
        I will refer to the driver in defence then. I was just unsure on stating I was the driver when I wasn't, trying to be honest as I can on the form. I don't have any documents sold that car 3 years ago.

Comment

Edit your first post, they are known to read forums.

It would probably be better as the non driving owner than as the driver.

So SAR to the parking company
          CPR31.14 request to DCBL for all the documents they intend to use in court.

Comment

Edit your first post, they are known to read forums.

It would probably be better as the non driving owner than as the driver.

So SAR to the parking company
            CPR31.14 request to DCBL for all the documents they intend to use in court.
            I have rephrased initial post now.

I am filling in the SAR letter template

which date should I add? "To enable me to file my defence and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defence on xx/xx/xxxx"
            Last edited by Markwendene7; 29th November 2021, 15:55:PM.

Comment

So miss out the date

Comment

So miss out the date
                Sending off the two letters today, will update soon as I hear anything

Comment

I received a response today to say they will not be providing me any evidence they have at this stage as CPR31.14 does not apply on the small claims track. In due course, the court will order both parties file and serve all evidence they intend to rely on. We confirm you will therefore receive all relevant evidence in advance of the hearing.

Comment

Originally posted by Markwendene7 View Post
                    I received a response today to say they will not be providing me any evidence they have at this stage as CPR31.14 does not apply on the small claims track. In due course, the court will order both parties file and serve all evidence they intend to rely on. We confirm you will therefore receive all relevant evidence in advance of the hearing.
                    Parking firm still need to respond to the SAR request. So you should get the info well before the Court order anything. Sounds like a good plan.

Comment

So send the second letter in that template. The case has not yet been allocated to track

Remember to inform the court of their unhelpful response in your defence

Comment

Thanks, will send off the 2nd letter

Comment

I sent the 2nd letter in the template off on the 7th December and I have not had any reply yet....should I send it again?

Comment

Yes and point out that they have been obstructive to the court

Comment

It was 29th November when I filled out the acknowledgement of service, so it has now been a month. Do I fill out the defence part yet?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X