• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Moriaty law county court claim {old pay day loan debt} urgent help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moriaty law county court claim {old pay day loan debt} urgent help

First off want to say hello to all reading and many thanks in advance for help with the following.

the wife received a claim form Moriaty law on behalf of latern drs limited in relation to a pay day loan debt dating back to 7/2/2014

we received the claim form on last friday which was dated the 15th and registered our intention to deffend this claim.

I have checked wifes credit file and can find no mention of the debt this relates to, there is no defualt notice or mention of this account at all on her file so I believe this devt to be stat barred.

am i correct in thinking this and can someone please walk me through the best way to compile her deffence?

many thanks
    Tags: None

Hi RICH190678

If no payments or written acknowledgement of the debt has been made over the last 6 years, then the debt is statue barred.

You should send the solicitor a CPR 31.14 request, they will send you the documents they rely on to make the claim, they have 14 days to send that information to you. Get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...-of-documents/

Your Defence needs to be amended to your situation. I would wait to see what you get back from the CPR 31.14,
    but don't miss the Defence deadline.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...-court-claims/

Comment

Example Defence when needed

​​​​​​ CCA Request send £1.00 postal order (14 days to respond) to originator mention request to solicitor
      CPR 31.14 Request asking for only items mentioned on claim form to solicitors
      Subject Access Request Letter to originator (30 days to respond) for info?

send get proof posting and keep all copies on file in date order

des8

Comment

Is it possible to ask the court for more time to file my deffence once the above are posted while I await replys as 14days may take me over the deadline ? I'm certain no payments been made in last 6 years otherwise they'd show on credit file ? Also do they not require a default notice before Persuing a debt in court again I can find no record of the above on credit file

Comment

a) Is it possible to ask the court for more time to file my deffence once the above are posted while I await replys as 14days may take me over the deadline ?

No, but in your defence you can write that you've requested various information i.e. CCA, CPR 31.14 etc. That it's statue barred etc.

b) I'm certain no payments been made in last 6 years otherwise they'd show on credit file ?

Correct.

c) Also do they not require a default notice before Persuing a debt in court again I can find no record of the above on credit file

Correct, there's also a lot of Pre action protocols they need to follow.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X