• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Business Centre Claim Form from Hoist Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She should have been sent a ‘true copy’ of her agreement that is easy to read and a statement of her account signed by the creditor. The ‘true copy’ must contain all the terms and conditions from her original agreement, information about any changes made to the agreement and her name and address at the time that she took out the agreement. It does not have to include a signature box, signature or the date of signature from her original agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      She should have been sent a ‘true copy’ of her agreement that is easy to read and a statement of her account signed by the creditor. The ‘true copy’ must contain all the terms and conditions from her original agreement, information about any changes made to the agreement and her name and address at the time that she took out the agreement. It does not have to include a signature box, signature or the date of signature from her original agreement.
      Thank you Des8,

They mention in the front letter that they have provided her with the following however:
      - Credit Agreement; (as far as I can see this is not signed by the creditor...)
      - Terms and Conditions; (I cannot see this in the enclosed documents only Part B of the Agreement covers "Additional Important Items" which covers things like Credit Limit, int rates, fees and charges, etc)
      - Default Notice screenshot; (this is a weird screenshot of some kind of electronic system, difficult to read)
      - List of transactions
      - Notices of Assignment

Do you think they have provided all that is legally required?

One of the questions on the email message she received says that she should only agree to mediation if she can answer 'yes' to ALL 3 statements below:
      1. I am willing to negotiate on the amount of the claim and I will consider a compromise.
      2. I have enough information about the claim to enter into negotiations and do not require any further evidence from the other party before starting mediation.
      3. I’m available for the entire time slot on the date of my appointment.
      Last edited by RUKI; 1st October 2021, 23:50:PM.

Comment

As I said in an earlier post, this isn't my scene, but IMO they have not complied.
        All papers should be clearly legible, and include full terms and conditions.

So if because information is lacking she can't fully understand the claim, she will have to inform the mediation centre of that.

Comment

As I said in an earlier post, this isn't my scene, but IMO they have not complied.
          All papers should be clearly legible, and include full terms and conditions.

So if because information is lacking she can't fully understand the claim, she will have to inform the mediation centre of that.

That was my initial reaction as well, although I'm supposed to attend the call to help my wife, I'm a complete ignorant in these matters. It would be great if someone could confirm this is their understanding as well. The mediation call is supposed to happen in only 5 days.
          If it comes to rejecting mediation and going to court I need to do some research on how to explain her side during the session.

and a final question, if the court rules against her, I understand she will have the option to arrange some kind of payment without a CCJ showing in her credit score?

Comment

If your wife loses, the judgment has to be paid within 30 days to avoid her credit record being affected.

It may be possible to negotiate a lesser amount to be repaid by instalments at mediation.
            If you are unsure of being successful this might be a better option than court, and certainly a lot less stressful

Comment

waiting for the mediation team to call us, quick question in the meantime in case someone reads this, they sent a screen short, half of a screen, that shows some kind of Default information, is this enough to satisfy our requirement to provide proof of notice being served? this is the part of the defence that asked for it.

7. Due to the Claimant’s failure to state in their particulars of
              claim when a default notice was served, the Defendant is
              prejudiced by not being entitled to request a copy of the default
              notice under Civil Procedure Rule 31.14.

8. Accordingly the Defendant reserves his position to amend this
              Defence with the costs of the same paid by the Claimant if the
              Claimant provides a copy of the Default Notice.

I just don't think a screenshot is enough or official enough, any opinions?

Comment

Without seeing what has been sent it is difficult to comment on whether or not it is compliant, however it does seem questionable

Comment

a record by originator surfice that one was sent out and generally accepted by judges.

Comment

Well, mediation happened, my wife put an offer through of about 40% of the debt to be paid in 10 instalments, as it is the absolute maximum she can afford, borrowing from other people, but that was rejected and this will go to Court, we will argue that the documentation provided is not enough but eventually, she has resigned herself to the fact that she will very likely get a CCJ but there's no much else she can do. Somehow surprised that the Debt collector agency prefers to lose everything than accept 40%...

Comment

My wife received a letter informing her that the Small Claims Mediation Team has arranged for the case to be transferred to the County Court Hearing Centre for allocation and to await the Judge's directions.
                      Does anyone know how long do they normally take to send this directions and if a hearing can be attended online?

Also, am I correct in thinking that in this Hearing the only way to avoid a CCJ is for her to pay the full amount? is there any other alternatives?

Comment

How long to wait .... who knows. Some courts are still playing catch up.

The best way of avoiding a CCJ is to win.
                        If she loses she will have 30 days in which to pay to avoid a CCJ being registered against her name

Comment

Thank you DES8 I really appreciate your input.
                          I was surprised that they did not accept the offer my wife put forward, it must be that they are confident they have a strong case, but regardless, she will not be able to pay the full amount and it will result on a CCJ.
                          Regarding winning the hearing, we are just not sure if what they provided her will be enough or how we should approach it really. Would it be anyone in the forum willing to have a look at what they provided to her?

Comment

If you think your wife will lose and wants to avoid a CCJ, the creditor might agree to a TOMLIN order.
                            This will mean that the whole amount is paid over a period, but it will not end in a CCJ unless the agreement is breached.

re whether or not they have provided compliant documentation I can't say, but if you post it up (use a link like imgur) I'll try and get someone to look at it ( https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/arti...oading-Content)
                            Last edited by des8; 9th December 2021, 16:21:PM.

Comment

If you think your wife will lose and wants to avoid a CCJ, the creditor might agree to a TOMLIN order.
                              This will mean that the whole amount is paid over a period, but it will not end in a CCJ unless the agreement is breached.

re whether or not they have provided compliant documentation I can't say, but if you post it up (use a link like imgur) I'll try and get someone to look at it ( https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/arti...oading-Content)
                              That is great, thank you very much DES8, I will give have a read and will try to post it using an imgur link, should I then post the link here?

Comment

If you post the link here we can examine the documents to see if they are compliant

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X