• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following on from this, I have contacted the local council via FOI and these are the questions I asked alongside their answers. Is this a reasonable defence? Thanks

Dear Jack Hampson,

Thank you for your request for information relating to ANPR cameras in the car park situated on Bradfield Road, Sheffield which we received on 29/04/2021.

Please find Sheffield City Council’s response to your request set out below:

Highview parking Ltd manage a car park situated on Bradfield Road, Sheffield S6 2BW.

1)Has planning permission and/or consent been applied for to erect ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) camera's and also Signage that are on this car park?
    There is no record on our system relating to an application for the erection of ANPR cameras at this site.

2)If permission/consent was obtained,can you tell me the application number?
    N/A

3)If permission/consent has not been obtained,what will the council do to remedy the situation?
    We do not hold this information. Please note that the Freedom of Information Act provides access to recorded information; there is no requirement for the Council to create information, answer hypothetical or speculative questions, or provide advice or opinions in response to a request.

4)Who is the landowner of this car park?
    The requested information, including accurate property/land ownership details, is available via the Land Registry at the following link: https://eservices.landregistry.gov.u...=p_search_link. This service provides a map search which may assist you in identifying the information you are hoping to obtain.

We note there is a small cost to access the ownership details; however, even though a cost is levied, this information is still accessible by other means, and therefore it is exempt from disclosure under Section 21(1) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

5)What date(if known)were the camera's installed?
    We do not know when the cameras/signage were erected

6)What date(if known) were the signage erected?

7) What is the maximum stay for this car park when planning permission was approved?
    We do not hold this information.

Comment

ostell MIKE770

Comment

Originally posted by Jack1996 View Post
        Following on from this, I have contacted the local council via FOI and these are the questions I asked alongside their answers. Is this a reasonable defence? Thanks

Dear Jack Hampson,

Thank you for your request for information relating to ANPR cameras in the car park situated on Bradfield Road, Sheffield which we received on 29/04/2021.

Highview parking Ltd manage a car park situated on Bradfield Road, Sheffield S6 2BW.

1)Has planning permission and/or consent been applied for to erect ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) camera's and also Signage that are on this car park?
        There is no record on our system relating to an application for the erection of ANPR cameras at this site.

N/A

3)If permission/consent has not been obtained,what will the council do to remedy the situation?
        We do not hold this information. Please note that the Freedom of Information Act provides access to recorded information; there is no requirement for the Council to create information, answer hypothetical or speculative questions, or provide advice or opinions in response to a request.

The requested information, including accurate property/land ownership details, is available via the Land Registry at the following link: https://eservices.landregistry.gov.u...=p_search_link. This service provides a map search which may assist you in identifying the information you are hoping to obtain.

We note there is a small cost to access the ownership details; however, even though a cost is levied, this information is still accessible by other means, and therefore it is exempt from disclosure under Section 21(1) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

7) What is the maximum stay for this car park when planning permission was approved?
        Hi, do you have an update on this, I also have a claim for the Bradfield Road car park from 2015

Comment

The fact that they do not have planning permission is irrelevant, they can apply retrospectively.

Lack of advertising consent for the signs is illegal.

Comment

ostell I had to come back and update … I had court date all set and they 2 weeks before wrote to me to drop the case! Woohoo! So glad I didn’t lose my bottle!!

Comment

Did the court inform you that the case is dropped? If not check with the court

Comment

Originally posted by Jack1996 View Post

Dear Jack Hampson,

N/A

Hi there

Just got a fine from 2016 from Bradfield road, sent in my SAR and just acknowledged the arrival of the paperwork - in regards to the above, did you use this in your defence and if so, can you tell me exactly what you did? Hoping for the same outcome.

Thanks so much
                Last edited by ELN2015; 18th February 2022, 12:32:PM. Reason: *wrong person replying to

Comment

Originally posted by blackbinbag View Post

Hi, do you have an update on this, I also have a claim for the Bradfield Road car park from 2015
                  Hello
                  in reference to the part where you outlined that Lack of advertising consent is illegal - does this mean i could quote this in my defence for the same parking fine received from 2016?
                  Thank you for any help. Im a bit bewildered by this whole process.

Comment

ostell in regards to the 'Lack of advertising consent for the signs is illegal.' would this be something i could use in my defence for a parking charge in the same place? Im lost on what to do. Thanks so much

Comment

My wife has received a county court form for the car park on bradfield road dating back to 16-12-2016 can anybody advise what to do with it any help would be appreciated

Comment

ostell probably help there for you?

Comment

It would help if the creed their own threads instead of hijacking someone elses

Comment

Jack1996 hiya can you let me know how you went on regarding the car park fine at Bradfield road as any help would be appreciated thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                            X