• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ with wrong middle name and never had mobile contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ with wrong middle name and never had mobile contract

Hi

I need some help. The company I work for, do yearly experian checks. Last year I mentioned that I have a CCJ on my credit report but the middle name is incorrect. but when I did it this year, I didnt mention it because I believed Experian had helped resolve it and I stopped recieving letters.

Everytime a letter did come, I returned to with this person does not live at this address.

Anyway, My HR have contacted to do a fact finding investigation as their experian check showed the CCJ on my report.

I have collated evidence from the court and they confirmed in writing that the middle name is different to mine but DOB is correct. I also requested particulars of claim and its to do with a mobile contract with Orange.

I have never in my entire life has a contract with them, also I have always lived at this address all my entire life. I was firsr advised to complete an N244 form but then when I called back to get details they advised that because the middle name is not me, if I apply the case will be rejected as I am not the defendant. They say I need apply for dissociation. I know I have done nothing wrong but I keep going in circles. Experian have said they cannot disassociation as there is no one linked, however they have an address linked to me in London (I have never lived in london)

The particulars have details of the solictors and company who requested the claim. Should i contact them.

I am so confused and stressed at the moment. I know this debt is not mine. I don't know how I should get this refused. The advisor from court has reallt confused me because of the application being rejected based on my name not matching the defendants

Thank you for reading
    Tags: None

Also just to let you know. I have never opened the letters who were under this persons name, I have always returned them so do not know what they were.

I stopped getting letters after a year or so. Maybe I have been naive but I seriously thought, this was resolved.

I am stressed out.

Comment

Yes you should contact the solicitors who issued the claim on behalf of their client. Once you have evidenced to them that they have the wrong person, they can apply to the court to set aside their judgment.

As I don't expect them just to say okay, I would also write to Orange (or whoever they are called now) Tell them what has happened and that it's not your debt and to send you evidence under data protection act of any dealings they have had with you.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for your reply
        I have contacted them and they have requested for my to send my passport and address details
        Also Experian have contacted me and they have removed the CCJ from their report as I managed to provide evidence from the court of the named defendant and patritucilars of the claim
        Is there anything else I need to do incase it pops up again

Comment

Thanks for your reply
          I have contacted them and they have requested for my to send my passport and address details
          Also Experian have contacted me and they have removed the CCJ from their report as I managed to provide evidence from the court of the named defendant and patritucilars of the claim

Comment

Originally posted by MANUS786 View Post
            Thanks for your reply
            Hey mate, I THINK the CCJ will still show on public records.. regardless of what the Credit agencies do with it on your reports.. (it might be worth checking that using trust online search) So if it shows up under your name it will be in your best interests to file to set aside as soon as possible. The longer you leave it the more hassle its going to be for you

I'm no expert by any means just my opinion but one of the more senior members will probably chime in

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X