• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bw legal court claim recieved

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bw legal court claim recieved

Hi id be very grateful if anyone can help me out I have no idea what to do.. first of all I received a letter before claim from bw legal in September for a parking charge dating August 2019.. I have never received a parking charge notice from ncp. I had until the 23 Oct to reply to bw legal I wrote to them sending a SAR as I have no knowledge of a pcn. I have since received a county court claim stating I had parked longer than I paid for. (I have honestly always paid correctly when parking) Ncp in my area were issuing a lot of people with unfair tickets at that time. can anyone advise what my next steps would be. this is making me feel ill with worry
    Tags: None

ostell

Comment

So a complaint to the ICO about not getting the data after a SAR request.

SAR to the parking company.

Acknowledge the claim using the details and password on the form

Letter to solicitor demanding all documents that they intend to use in court in order to narrow the issues between you, as expected by the courts.. As they have them to hand to raise the claim then you expect them by return or at the very latest within a week.

Comment

Ok thanks.. so I just send a second SAR to the solicitor? and also one to NCP. also forgive my lack of knowledge but what is The ico

Comment

Information commissioner office

Comment

Not a SAR to the solicitor, they have 30 days to respond, the SAR is to the parking company A letter to the solicitor along the lines I suggested.

Comment

Ok so I've finally recieved a letter back. I'll post up some of it soon but first I've recover a copy of the pcn. am I right in thinking they were out of time for sending of the notice in the picture.. is it 14 or 28 days they have to send them out?

Comment

In the letter I received. they state that their client is not seeking to rely on the provisions of schedule 4 of the protection of freedoms act. they also claim that they confirm their client does own the land at the car park (they don't, they lease it) and lastly they state that I didn't respond to the NTK within 28 days their client is able to hold me liable for the pcn. (I never recieved the pcn) would be grateful for any feedback or info. I'm working on a defence at the moment and got to be done in 8 days. Thank you for all the help so far

Comment

If the claim was acknowledged then you ha 28 days from the acknowledgement or 33 days from date of issue to get your defence to the court, whichever is lower.

NCP often do own the land

With no windscreen ticket the Notice to keeper has to be received within 14 days to be able to transfer liability from the unknown driver to you the keeper.

The comment about not replying within 28 days and you are responsible is rubbish

You seem to have replied to them. Was the driver identified, simple yes or no.

Post up all the NTK, suitably redacted, for all to see if ther eare any more fails

Here's POFA, paragraph 9 is the relevant one: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga...dule/4/enacted All of it has to be there.

Comment

Hi thanks for the reply ostell.. I've just checked and my AOS was recieved on the 23/11

I've checked the ownership of the land. Its a shopping centre and owned by a company who lease the car park to NCP

I've replied to them? they haven't stated the driver was identified..

thanks I'll post up the ntk

Comment

I posted up photos of the NTK around 10 mins ago. they are no longer showing, have they been removed?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Was this a hire car? Was there a windscreen ticket?

If not then the following POFA fails

9 (2) (a) no period of parking. Moving in front of a camera cannot, by definition, be parking

9 (2) (b) No statement that the driver is liable for the charge

9 (2) (f) the statement of keeper liability is not complete and not in the format prescribed by the act.

9 (4) Not given within the relevant period of 14 days.

There can be no keeper liability.

Edit: Added 9 (4)
                              Last edited by ostell; 2nd December 2020, 17:37:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X