• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ccj claim cabot finance sent to wrong address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ccj claim cabot finance sent to wrong address

Hi All, I received a CCJ (Mortimer Clarke solicitors on behalf of Cabot who purchased it I assume) but because of how my address was written (incorrectly) it got to me after expiration of return to court. I signed up to Clearscore app (Experian data) but cannot find the default date and need to confirm amount & where the debt was from etc. I don't know where to start, can someone advise what to do as 14 days has expired? Attached claim form which states my address as 218A ___ street (But I'm flat 21, 8a ) So it went somewhere else on street and someone now posted it in my box today. Really appreciate help and correct order to do things. Stay safe all.
    Tags: None

you have left claim number and extra details delete

Comment

So logon on to MCOL using the data and password on the form and see if you can acknowledge the claim. Put nothing in the defence. You have 14 days from the date given, which is 5 days after the issue date.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
        So logon on to MCOL using the data and password on the form and see if you can acknowledge the claim. Put nothing in the defence. You have 14 days from the date given, which is 5 days after the issue date.
        I have done this and composed letters as per the guide to claimant and lawyers, will get PO and sed tomorrow. Also done Acknowledgment of Service.

Do I just wait for response?
        Last edited by youcrazyboy; 4th November 2020, 06:33:AM.

Comment

What letters?

After acknowledgement you have 33 days from date of issue to get your defence to the court. The next paperwork to the court is your defence. Then you wait for a response.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
            What letters?

After acknowledgement you have 33 days from date of issue to get your defence to the court. The next paperwork to the court is your defence. Then you wait for a response.
            CCA request to Cabot, copied to Mortimer Clarke as per guidelines in forum. Isn't that correct?

Comment

Could someone direct me to next steps please

Comment

Hi, did you manage to file your defence which was due to be filed at court last monday 16th Nov?

Comment

I didn't need to. Thanks to this website I followed instructions to ask for CCA Request letter which they couldn't provide and so couldn't enforce. Should I take any further steps?
                  Attached Files

Comment

the case is on going get that defence in, stating on such a date a document/s were requested and not received, they have no way of stopping a case unless they discontinued it, otherwise they will get default judgment against you??

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X