• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. If this is your first visit to LegalBeagles and you need assistance then you can ask a question here;
    Create a Thread
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot financial (uk) limited vs rumandcoke - New Information!!

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cabot financial (uk) limited vs rumandcoke - New Information!!

    Mortimer Clarke issued a County Court claim on behalf of Cabot financial against me in 2016. Using the guidance given to me on here I defended the claim as they were unable to provide copies of the agreements etc. The claim was stayed. I phoned the court today to check and it is still stayed. On Saturday I received two letters from Mortimer Clarke after almost 4 years of no contact. One letter was offering me a settlement figure and the other was their reply to the defence I lodged with the court. I have included the link for my original post in 2016 and I have attached the new letters I have received on here. Please could somebody take a look and advise me if I should respond to them or not. I believe that this must be statute barred but not sure if I could do that as does the request for copies of agreements etc using the templates on here count as communication within the 6 year period. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Link to the original post in 2016.
    If you received a court claim and want to start a new thread in this forum please read <a href="http://legalbeagles.info/library/guides_and_letters/court/first-steps-to-take-on-receipt-of-a-county-court-claim/"> THIS POST </a>about your first steps and make a new thread in the forum using <a href="http://legalbeagles.info/forums/forms.php?do=form&fid=9">THIS FORM</a>. <br /><br /> Guidance and Templates can be found <a href="http://legalbeagles.info/library/guides_and_letters/"> HERE </a>


    View our Terms and Conditions

    LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

    If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

    If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.


    1 of 2 < >


    Pre-Action Letters
    First Steps
    Check dates
    Acknowledge Claim
    CCA Request
    CPR 31.14 Request
    Subject Access Request Letter
    Example Defence
    Set Aside Application
    Witness Statements
    Directions Questionnaire
    Statute Barred Letter

    If you received a court claim and would like some help and support dealing with it, please read the first steps and make a new thread in the forum with as much information as you can.

    NOTE: If you receive a court claim note these dates in your calendar ...
    Acknowledge Claim - within 14 days from Service

    Defend Claim - within 28 days from Service (IF you acknowledged in time)

    If you fail to Acknowledge the claim you may have a default judgment awarded against you, likewise, if you fail to enter your defence within 28 days from Service.

    We now feature a number of specialist consumer credit debt solicitors on our sister site, JustBeagle.com
    If your case is over £10,000 or particularly complex it may be worth a chat with a solicitor, often they will be able to help on a fixed fee or CFA (no win, no fee) basis.
    2 of 2 < >

    Need Formal Help?

    Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

    Find a Law Firm

    See more
    See less

    Court Claim ?

    Guides and Letters

    Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

    Find a Law Firm