• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot financial (uk) limited vs rumandcoke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumandcoke
    started a topic Cabot financial (uk) limited vs rumandcoke

Cabot financial (uk) limited vs rumandcoke

I have received a county court claim form from Cabot Finanicial (uk) Limited.
    Issue date 14/09/2016.
    Amount claimed £352.52
    Court Fee £35.
    Legal representative's costs. £50.00
    Total amount £437.52
    Claimant: Cabot Financial (uk) Limited
    Solicitor: Mortimer Clarke Solicitots Ltd.
    Original Creditor: Vanquis.
    Particulars of Claim: By an agreement between VANQUIS and the Defendant on or around 24/05/2012 ( 'the Agreement' ) VANQUIS agreed to issue the Defendant with a credit card. The Defendant failed to make the minimum payments due & the Agreement was terminated. The Agreement was assigned to the Claimant. THE CLAIMANT THEREFORE CLAIMS 352.52.

I have got the CCA AND CPR printed off and ready to post in the morning along with postal order for £1. I have acknowledged the claim and my intent to defend the claim in full on the money claim site.

I did have a Vanquis credit card but it was so long ago I can't remember what I owed if anything. I have definitely not made a payment in a long time and have never acknowledged the debt in writing or otherwise. The particulars of the claim are very vague and written exactly as above, they haven't even given me an account number or card number for the debt in question. I don't know how to check if I owe what they say if anything at all. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

• Rumandcoke
    replied
    amethyst003 nemesis45 please could somebody have a look at these letters that I have received today regarding this old case. The judgement is stayed still as far as I know. I've logged onto money claim and the last thing on their is my defence back in 2016.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Rumandcoke
    replied
    This is my own thread, I commented on this one so people could see the history of the case

Leave a comment:

• MIKE770
    replied
    Start your own thread this is old. 2016 last uses

Leave a comment:

• MIKE770
    replied
    No r, mail address to them see what next

Leave a comment:

• MIKE770
    replied
    That old one send letter. But not enclosure of CCA this is not the 1st report on sites they are such idiots their problem trying to be clever. Many received such rubbish

Leave a comment:

• Rumandcoke
    replied
    After almost 4 years I have today received 2 letters from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors. One offering me 20% discount if I pay within so many days, the other replying to my court defence. They say they have copies of the agreement but they can't send ne hard copies I need to send them my email address and ring their litigator to confirm the email address and then they will send me electronic copies.
    They also say they do not accept that I waited for a county court judgement to request the paperwork and I had ample time to request it before things got that far.

Leave a comment:

• nemesis45
    replied
    Re: Cabot financial (uk) limited vs rumandcoke

Originally posted by Rumandcoke View Post
    Attached is the letter that I received today, I folded over the top but all that has is my name etc plus it says re vanquis and the amount that it was for which is 452 I think.
    Standard Cabot twaddle, ignore any " on hold " statements they mean nothing in the court process so make sure you deal with anything from the court promptly.

nem

Leave a comment:

• charitynjw
    replied

Imho, that letter says "We can't take you to court atm, but in the meantime, pay up or we'll.......huff & puff & blow your house down?"

Leave a comment:

• Rumandcoke
    replied

£437.52*

Leave a comment:

• Rumandcoke
    replied

Attached is the letter that I received today, I folded over the top but all that has is my name etc plus it says re vanquis and the amount that it was for which is 452 I think.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• charitynjw
    replied

Yesterday when I spoke to the court they told me it was definitely stayed, shall I ring again?
    Lol!

I helped a friend with a case; it was stayed 4 years ago.
    I still check periodically!

Leave a comment:

• Rumandcoke
    replied

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
    You are not obliged to pay they have no proof of the debt!

I would suggest that you contact the court in the morning to check if the claim is stayed (suspended).
    My answer to them would be to say that you have put the matter " on hold" until they provide unequivocal proof of your liability.

nem
    Ha ha shall I write that in a letter?

- - - Updated - - -

Yesterday when I spoke to the court they told me it was definitely stayed, shall I ring again?

Leave a comment:

• nemesis45
    replied

Originally posted by Rumandcoke View Post
    Guess what? I've had a letter from Cabot today. Dated 18th November. It says they have asked the original creditor for a copy of the cca and haven't been able to obtain it, my account will be on hold incase they find it. As such the judgement is unenforcable in court however I am still obliged to pay the debt and it gives me options on how to do so. I will load it on here later but can't get to my scanner at the moment.
    You are not obliged to pay they have no proof of the debt!

I would suggest that you contact the court in the morning to check if the claim is stayed (suspended).
    My answer to them would be to say that you have put the matter " on hold" until they provide unequivocal proof of your liability.

nem

Leave a comment:

• MIKE770
    replied

ha ha xmas party begging letters, give us even though you do not need to! bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Leave a comment:

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X