• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received General Form of Judgement or Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received General Form of Judgement or Order

No other details other than
    1 the stay of proceedings is lifted and claim can continue

2 defendant is to file defence within 14 days

3 Because the order has been on application of a party without notice of hearing given parties have the right to order set aside varied or stayed.

No other information supplied. Accept for an N244 which gives no details other than change of name from intrum uk Limited from 1st credit
    Tags: None

Hi, Are you aware of a live claim in the system from 1st Credit ? Might be worth giving Northampton CCBC a call with the claim number and asking them to send you copies of the original claim and confirm the current status.... It may have been issued over a year ago and been stayed. Now 1st Credit has changed to Intrum they will be applying to lift the stay and continue with the claim.

Give the court a call and find out as much info as you can -

Telephone

0300 123 1056

or

01604 619 400
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Amethyst.Â*
      ive written time them this PM. Â*As far as I’m aware back in 2014 in July I sent Papers to court Defending a claim I heard nothing except I received notification that claim was stayed no further process.

ive not got any details I can photograph and send the documents to you as they are confusing. its says iv3 only got 7 days then it says I’ve got. 14 days from 8th to send in n244 for set aside. Â*I don’t even have an original creditor nor do I have debt amount
      Â*

Comment

It appears the original claim was issued in July 2017, you filed a defence based on no documentation, and the claim was stayed.

You don't need to set it aside, you need to file a defence - seemingly by the 18th Nov. So you do need to call court and ask for the original case information. You already filed a defence in the case, and presumably they haven't sent you any further documentation - agreement etc - that you had requested in your defence?

5C98761C-441C-447C-9830-450C04C73B25.jpeg

Pretty dire that the application was accepted with XXXXX still in it instead of dates.

image_37585.jpg
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          It appears the original claim was issued in July 2017, you filed a defence based on no documentation, and the claim was stayed.

You don't need to set it aside, you need to file a defence - seemingly by the 18th Nov. So you do need to call court and ask for the original case information. You already filed a defence in the case, and presumably they haven't sent you any further documentation - agreement etc - that you had requested in your defence?

5C98761C-441C-447C-9830-450C04C73B25.jpeg

Pretty dire that the application was accepted with XXXXX still in it instead of dates.

image_37585.jpg
          Hi AmethystÂ*

The date I sent the documents was July 2015 when I left the Uk. I don’t have DOCZuMENTS only what I’ve posted to youÂ*

Comment

Yes, that is why you need to contact the court and ask for a copy of the claim and defence that was entered.Â*

Give the court a call and find out as much info as you canÂ*

Telephone

0300 123 1056

or

01604 619 400
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi. Â*I’ll ring court. Â*But after earlier at the previous court case in reference to CCJ. The judge stated to prove I’d done everything by writing because verbal isn’t a defence in court.

i also found this. Is this any good

. Â*The court concluded that the claim was not statute-barred. A stay had been imposed on 7 July 2016, 13 days. Â*

after the claim was issued. The stay was lifted on 30 November 2016. The appellant therefore had four months,

less 13 days, from that date to serve the claim form. An appeal allowed. So, therefore, a

court imposed stay of proceedings does apply to the service of the claim form, as well as procedural steps required
              to be taken during the stay.

IF THE CLAIMANT FAILED TO PROVIDE INFORMATION WITHIN THE T8ME I.E Â*13 DAYs Â* Since it was issued in July 2015 not 2017 ( I dispute the date. I was not here in uk ). I was abroad again all ready proven in court.

Comment

IF it is the same court claim - is it the same claim number ?
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Contacted the court spoke to nice lady. No details in system. No paperwork going back to 2015. She stated that Intrum lodged a claim in 2017. No details of previous defence, no documents. She has sent me the documents received yesterday. Â*Useless. Â*She said I needed to send in a N244 to STRIKEOUT. Â*Help???? She said that the law says that they have 13 days.

i found this. 2-6940 Rule 14.28 provides that the court may strike out the whole or any part of the pleading if it disclosed no reasonable cause of action or defence, etc, or has a tendency to cause prejudice, embarrassment, or delay in the proceedings or is otherwise an abuse of the process of the court.

if july 2017 was date stayed and therefore 13 days in law to reply. Why wait nearly 2 years... grateful for any assistance you can guide me too. I’ve got TIL 22nd even though I only received yesterday.Â*

Comment

You gave her the claim number on the Intrum application and she said there are no details on the system at all ?

She stated that Intrum lodged a claim in 2017.
                    She should also see that an application was made and that the Judge agreed and lifted the stay.

Therefore she must have the case notes on the system which she could email to you. The Judge can't have lifted the stay without having the rest of the documents ( ie. the claim form or at least the particulars of claim )

You do not have to apply to set aside the order. You do have to enter a defence. You certainly can't file to strike without having seen the claim.

Are you up to calling Intrum? If so ring them and ask them for a copy of the claim particulars that their application relates to as you have no records of the claim at all and wish to find out what the claim is for so that you can consider your response ( ie whether to defend the claim or make an offer - but you are unable to do either without having sight of the claim )

01737 237 370

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Interim have got no documentsÂ*

Comment

Neither do the court. They have no previous claim or counter claim. Â*All I got back was a word paragraph provided by InterumÂ*

Comment

That'll likely be the particulars of claim, they aren't very long. What does it say ?
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

She should also see that an application was made and that the Judge agreed and lifted the stay.

Therefore she must have the case notes on the system which she could email to you. The Judge can't have lifted the stay without having the rest of the documents ( ie. the claim form or at least the particulars of claim )

You do not have to apply to set aside the order. You do have to enter a defence. You certainly can't file to strike without having seen the claim.

Are you up to calling Intrum?
                            f so ring them and ask them for a copy of the claim particulars that their application relates to as you have no records of the claim at all and wish to find out what the claim is for so that you can consider your response ( ie whether to defend the claim or make an offer - but you are unable to do either without having sight of the claim )
                            Â*

Comment

N244 from them is all that the a judge went on

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X