• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please Help CCJ Found on credit report! :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help CCJ Found on credit report! :(

Hello everyone, I am writing this thread as for information and steps to follow a very stressing situations this matter is (CCJ). I was navigating in my credit score website which I don't normally do; and I found out I have a CCJ with Northampton County Court dated 19/01/2017.
    I rapidly contacted Northampton County Court to enquire in regard of this record and they gave me a phone number of a solicitors firm which name is Harrison Clarck Rickerbys who apparently put the court claim on me.

When I contacted this law firm they said this claim is for £2000 of tuition fees I haven't paid for a course with Westminster Kingsway College in 2012/2013; as soon as they named the college I clicked on my head that I went to the college to enquire a for a course but in the end I did NOT enrol or attend any lessons at all because it was a bit price for me at the time. I did received a letter from the college after a while when they were charging me fro this course and I personally call and then visit the college myself to clarify this matter. Once in the college I spoke to some finance person who I explained the issue and she said I have nothing to worry about. That was the last time I heard about this college thing.
    After I moved away from that address which was on August 2016 I was not contacted at all, even when used to live there I did not received any correspondence about the college or court.

Now that I noticed this CCJ on my credit report I am panicking and would like to sort this out, PLEASE HELP!
    Tags: None

N244 set aside needed here Amethyst

Comment

Hi MIKE770 please can you help me with this ? no one has posted anything here so far

Comment

Set Aside Application

maybe Amethyst could better advise here??

Comment

Hiya, Sorry I missed your post before. Just having a read xxx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Okay.

Yes you need to apply to set aside the judgment else it's going to affect your credit file for the next 4 and a half years ( they stay on for 6 years )… and of course because it should never have been obtained in the first place.

When you spoke to the claimants solicitors did you ask them to send you a copy of the claim or judgment at all ?

It would be useful to get that first, so what I would do is contact Northampton CCBC ( https://courttribunalfinder.service....520.1570100608 ) and ask if they can email you the claim docs ( should include the particulars of claim and show which address the claim was made to - likely the one you moved out of in 2016 ).

Then post the claim particulars up here.

Then we can put together a letter to the claimant to ask them to consent to set aside and start preparing your application for the court. An application to set aside is best when it has a defence to go alongside it to show you would likely win if it is set aside and continues. This is some info on the set aside application process Set Aside Application

As soon as you have the details send a Subject Access Request to the college. Subject Access Request Letter
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thanks so much Amethyst for replying back, could I send you by inbox the letter I have from the solicitors? I would like to start doing this asap as it is stressing me a lot.

In regards of the Subject Access Request does it has to be send to the college or to the solicitors because they are handling the claim.

Comment

Course, if needed I'll redact any identifying detail off of it and post up ( probably not necessary these things are all much of a muchness ) - admin@legalbeagles.info

You want to do the SAR to the college. Don't refer to the claim at all, just a simple request for all the information they hold about you.

Then once we have particulars of claim etc and can ask the solicitors for documents ( what agreement did you sign, wheres your enrolment , at what stage did you agree to pay etc etc ) see what comes back and you have something to compare to. It'll give you a better idea on the case and help with your defence, basically.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

I sent the letters through private message to you Amethyst, hopefully they are the correct letters. I will do the SAR and send it to the college by tomorrow and I will wait for their response also I will try to call them and try to do verbally as well and see what they come up with. Of course I will keep you updated in the post.

I am going to contact the court and ask for documents if they hold any. I will update you in regards this too.

Thank you so much.

Comment

Thank you. What you want is your registration / sign up and any associated terms and conditions.

Also hopefully the SAR will show up your enquiry about the bill ( basically saying you had cancelled because you didn't Enrol on the course )
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Invoice .... resources obviously weren't used as you didn't do the course.

21FEA49D-9BDA-4B6B-8965-D92D22168833.jpeg

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Debt collection letter doesn't say a lot xx However - this was before the court claim was issued and is the address one you had moved away from when this was sent ? ( just noting it's a different address to the invoice )

852F1CD4-B548-4261-9C1E-A605CF180A3A.jpeg

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Set Aside Application
                          maybe Amethyst could better advise here??

Comment

Good Afternoon, thanks for uploading the documents.
                            Yes they have 2 different addresses of me which are correct I cannot denied it because I did lived in both. But I never got any post of them apart of 1 letter which was the one that I took with me to the college and speak to them personally.

By now I have sent the SAR by post ( I used the template from LegalBeagles, was easy to edit and to use; amazing work there) also I have sent it by email too. I guess I just have to wait and see what the outcome of the letter or the email will be.

I also have contacted the solicitors in charge of the claim asking them for the documents ( Enrolment forms, agreements signed by me and terms and conditions).

A soon as I get any reply of anyone I will post back here.

Meanwhile I just want to Thanks Amethyst for the help in this stressing situation.

Comment

No worries.

My only concern about the second letter is that it was sent to the same address of the court claim ( which address was the claim issued to ? )

Let us know soon as you hear back, sound like you are on top of things
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X