• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Creation financial Service county court claim form.PLEASE HELP!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creation financial Service county court claim form.PLEASE HELP!!

Update: Claimant apply Application strike out/summary judgment on 24/06/2021.
    The hearing date: 07 Oct 2021.
    What i need to do now?

Received a claim? Yes/No: YES

Issue Date:07/10/2019

Have you Acknowledged the Claim?:Yes on 18/10/2019.Tick: I intend to defend part of this claim.

Total Amount Claimed : ( approximately please do NOT use EXACT figure given on the claim form, round up to next £100 or £1000) around £2000.

Claimant’s Name:Creation Financial Services Limited

Solicitors Firm: SHOOSMITH LLP

Original Creditor: ASDA credit card by Creation Finance

Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) : Credit Card

Particulars of Claim: ( Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers/exact amounts ):
    The Defendant (D) held the account as listed below with the claimant (C) D failed to pay the sum listed below remain outstanding.

Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?):
    Account Opened:07 Apr 2013. Defaulted date:05 Feb 2019 show in my credit report.

List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ):NO.

Any Other Information or Background Details:
    My card limit is £950,i don't understand how come the remain outstanding form? I still keep paying £20 a months

I've had a read and about to write the CPR 31.14. Just wanted to check what documents will be requesting for?
    Particulars of Claim: The Defendant (D) held the account as listed below with the claimant (C) D failed to pay the sum listed below remain outstanding.
    Last edited by cho11; 13th September 2021, 16:27:PM.
    Tags: defence

Anyone can i help,please? What my next step?Thanks

Comment

Hello

If you want any proper assistance, I would suggest you complete the below template with as much detail as possible - the more you include, the better we can understand your issue.

Received a claim? Yes/No:
      Issue Date:
      Have you Acknowledged the Claim?:
      Total Amount Claimed : ( approximately please do NOT use EXACT figure given on the claim form, round up to next £100 or £1000)
      Claimant’s Name:
      Solicitors Firm:
      Original Creditor:
      Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) :
      Particulars of Claim: ( Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers/exact amounts ):
      Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?):
      List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ):
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
        Hello

If you want any proper assistance, I would suggest you complete the below template with as much detail as possible - the more you include, the better we can understand your issue.

Received a claim? Yes/No: YES

Issue Date:07/10/2019

Have you Acknowledged the Claim?:Yes on 18/10/2019.Tick: I intend to defend part of this claim.

Total Amount Claimed : ( approximately please do NOT use EXACT figure given on the claim form, round up to next £100 or £1000) around £2000.

Claimant’s Name:Creation Financial Services Limited

Solicitors Firm: SHOOSMITH LLP

Original Creditor: ASDA credit card by Creation Finance

Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) : Credit Card

The Defendant (D) held the account as listed below with the claimant (C) D failed to pay the sum listed below remain outstanding.

Account Opened:07 Apr 2013. Defaulted date:05 Feb 2019 show in my credit report.

List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ):NO.

: my card limit is £950,i don't understand how come the remain outstanding form? I still keep paying £20 a months

rob
        Last edited by cho11; 22nd October 2019, 09:28:AM.

Comment

I’ve had a read and about to write the CPR 31.14. Just wanted to check what documents I’ll be requesting for?
          Particulars of Claim: The Defendant (D) held the account as listed below with the claimant (C) D failed to pay the sum listed below remain outstanding.
          Thanks rob

Comment

anyone can help,please? i really need to send out CPR 31.14 ASAP.but i have no idea what to do!
            I've had a read and about to write the CPR 31.14. Just wanted to check what documents will be requesting for?

Comment

Is that really the particulars of claim word for word? Seems like there is more to that - if you are only going to give us half the particulars I'm afraid you are only going to get half the help.

As for the documents, what do you have already - do you currently have anything to hand.

The claim doesn't appear to be statute barred so it could be beneficial for you to consider making an offer of settlement. What's the reference to paying £20 per month?
              If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              LEGAL DISCLAIMER
              Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post

Is that really the particulars of claim word for word? Seems like there is more to that - if you are only going to give us half the particulars I'm afraid you are only going to get half the help.

As for the documents, what do you have already - do you currently have anything to hand.

The claim doesn't appear to be statute barred so it could be beneficial for you to consider making an offer of settlement. What's the reference to paying £20 per month?
                Thank you for your response rob

I upload the document,to show full Particulars Claim.

I"ve searched and can't actually find a similar. Just wanted to check what documents will be requesting for CPR31.14.
                They don't mention Agreement/Contract/Default Notice/Notice of Assignment?

I received documents by Shoosmiths on 30/08/2019 with information sheet & reply form & the other on 16/09/2019 for issue court proceedings.
                Unfortunately I'm away home till Oct,so no chance to reply the letter back on time.

The reference to paying £20 a months,coz this the amount i can afford rather than mini payment after been redundancy.

The reason for I intend to defend part of this claim,because I'm not agree the outstanding balance £2375.19.my credit limit £1150 only.

I don't mind setting up a payment plan with them, but I have not contacted them yet as do not want to take any wrong steps.
                Should i contact the company or go thorough court?

How can i request setting the case out of court?

If I entered an offer to pay monthly installments would I still have a CCJ against me which would show on my credit file and the judgment register for 6 years?

Thanks Again rob
                Attached Files

Comment

rob i have been uploaded full Particulars Claim document,can you help me have look,please.
                  How can i request setting the case out of court?
                  Thanks again.

Comment

So you've acknowledged the claim and the issue date was 7 October, meaning you have 33 days to file a defence which is Saturday 9 November. As the date for filing falls on a weekend, you get until 4pm on Monday 11 November to file your defence.

Can I ask when did you stop making your payments?

The Particulars of Claim are pretty poor because there is no reference to a default notice being served, whether the contract had been terminated if at all and on what date (this can be useful because if they didn't follow the correct process, it could be deemed a wrongful termination). So you appear to have some kind of valid defence to the claim as it stands.

So, next steps. I suggest you take a look at the First Steps link (click here) which explains what you should do i.e. send a CCA request and CPR request and what to send. However in this instance, I wonder if it is actually worth sending a CPR 31.14 request and wait for Creation to prove its case by sending the documents of their own accord.

It might also be worth making a subject access request for information Creation holds about you (click here). If there are things missing like a default notice, that could be worth defending.

I wouldn't rush to settling your claim just yet, as I think you should draft a decent defence based on the poor particulars and then consider your options after that. You are only in the early stages of litigation so there's plenty of time to make offers of settlement.

I'm also going to tag Amethyst for any further comments.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

rob
                      Amethyst

I stopped making Direct debit payment on 04/2018,but still keep paying what i can afford £20 or £10 every months till 06/2019.

I have done CCA & SAR on yesterday.
                      Should i still need sending CPR31.14 request now?if yes, what documents will be requesting for? or CCA & SAR should be enough now?

1.I had sent the CCA request to Claimant with £1 cheque & copy to the solicitors address for their information by first class sign for on 23/10/2019.

2.I had send subject access request Email to Creation on 23/10/2019.

Please supply the data about me that I am entitled to under data protection law relating to myself.
                      1. Full copies of all contracts which you believe exist or have existed between myself and your organisation, including true copies of any documents you hold in support of the same.
                      2. A complete list of all transactions or statements relating to ALL of my Accounts with your organisation.
                      3. Copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including copies of any contacts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.
                      4. Full copies or transcripts of any correspondence in postal, email or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organization or third party which contains my personal or financial, or which pertains to me.
                      5. Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. Where you are unable to provide such certificates, please provide a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data.
                      6. Full hard copy print outs of my personal or financial information, held in a digital, magnetic or any other format which is held in any archives, backups or other storage devices / locations.
                      7. Underwriting sheet or other such document recording any commission (or other) payment made to an intermediary or packager, and/or payment/commission from the insurer in relation to my account.
                      3.Could you advise the next steps i should take,also should i respond to the claim & submit defence ASAP or wait to last minutes.

Many thanks your time again

Comment

S
                        u
                        m
                        m
                        a
                        r
                        y

j
                        u
                        d
                        g
                        m
                        e
                        n
                        t

I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

those particulars of claim are simply non compliant. They fail the basic test by Goode at 46.48, they are woefully deficient and should be struck out
                          I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
                            those particulars of claim are simply non compliant. They fail the basic test by Goode at 46.48, they are woefully deficient and should be struck out
                            pt2537

rob

Could you advise the next steps i should take,also should i respond to the claim & submit defence ASAP or wait until the last minutes.
                            I have done CCA & SAR request on 23/10/2019.
                            Should i still need sending CPR31.14 request now?if yes, what documents will be requesting for? or CCA & SAR should be enough now?
                            Thanks Again.

Comment

Im sorry but those pleadings are simply dire. They mention nothing, there is simply no mention of anything to establish a cause of action. If i were advising a client i would advise that a summary judgment application should immediately be drafted by me and that we should proceed with the application on the basis the claim is hopeless and non compliant with the basic rules under CPR 16, and falls foul of Doyle.

If you file a summary judgment application before the deadline for your defence, the claimant cannot obtain summary judgment and you dont have to file a Defence.

This claim is sick, it needs putting down.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X