• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help 6 ccjs issued against me and 2 against my partner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help 6 ccjs issued against me and 2 against my partner

Hello, I need some advice desperately! I have today found out that I have 6 ccjs issued against me within 6 weeks of each other and my partner has 2 against him from the same person. These were all issued in 2017 to my previous address. The person claiming is an old landlord that evicted us as he was selling the house he gave an eviction date to which we adhered to and then once moved he issued the claims, 6 within 6 weeks!!!!! Neither of us had sight of the claim forms and only got wind on applying for finance and being rejected we checked our reports! One debt was from an energy supplier for gas and electric but these were included in the rent and paid directly to the landlord. I can’t afford to have these set aside as there are 8 in total at a cost of £255 each! I have agreed a payment plan with npower to pay my partners debt as his anxiety is through the roof and has never missed a payment in his life but how do I get rid of all these. My credit is shot to pieces

any my help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
    Tags: None

Are all the CCJ's with the judgment holder as the ex-landlord? Not one from NPower ?

Do you know what each claim is for? First step is to find that out, contact the court and ask if they can send you the case info for each claim no. They should be able to email it through for no charge, but they may charge £10 for each case.

Then, if they are all the same claimant, it is possible you could make one application to join and set aside all 6, possibly as vexatious. Your landlord obviously knew you had moved so there's a good case for set aside but you do need to know what the claims are. If two are against your partner and 4 against you, then you may have to do two applications... but try find out what you're dealing with exactly first.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi I have details of my 6 they will only give me details of 3 at a time so had a long wait. 6 against me are from the landlord. He has basically charged me for repairs and travel costs but he kept my bond, there was no disrepair as he had commented on the improvements that I had made, the only work that he came to look at was for no hot water which he didn’t repair I was left with no hot water for 18 months except for a shower. He kept my bond that he didn’t protect with the dps as he said he had to repair a spotlight in the bathroom that came lose and had tried to repair the hot water! Each one is for a similar amount except one for rent arrears for £1000 when in fact this was only £500 as I didn’t want to pay my last month as he had already refused to give the bond back and I left half way through the month as requested by him. The one on my partner we know is from the energy provider but I am just waiting for details of the next one. He knew I had moved and he had been provided with a forwarding address for me. It seems he has set the gas and electricity account up in my partners name online and requested paperless billing to an email address not known to us this now has costs of around £5000.

Comment

I would be thinking along the lines of taking him to court in one action.

Just as slow as sorting it any other way but you can deal with it in one action & will probably be cheaper.

Comment

He hadn't put your deposit in a deposit protection scheme ?
          Once you get set aside and the claims joined you could consider counter claiming against him ....

Getting your deposit back

You can apply to your local county court if you think your landlord hasn’t used a TDP scheme when they should have.

Get legal advice before applying to court.

If the court finds your landlord hasn’t protected your deposit, it can order the person holding the deposit to either:
          • repay it to you
          • pay it into a TDP scheme’s bank account within 14 days

The court may also order the landlord to pay you up to 3 times the deposit within 14 days of making the order.

Do you have the particulars of claim for each claim ? If so could you post them please.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Re the Gas/Electric CCJ from NPower

Get a Subject Access Request off to npower in your partners name - https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/
            that should get you the info to make a formal complaint and aid setting aside that judgment.

Do you have a copy of your tenancy agreement at all ?
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

It’s strange that this has been going on for all this time and he’s never actually enforced to get the money on all of the orders so I’m unsure as to what his motive is here, I offended him as I didn’t want to buy the house so maybe that’s the error on my part. No the deposit was never protected and I had chased all avenues and nothing was ever listed under my name or my partners, it’s only now that I realise how the schemes work sadly! Could he still be taken to court after all this time? There are so many things I could’ve used at court against him and I wish I had now otherwise I wouldn’t be in this situation. The court are going to email me the particulars I’m just waiting for them to come through so I can read them properly, once I have them I will post them. I worry because I withheld my final rent payment that it will go against me to get back my bond but I just didn’t want to pay my final month due to everything that had happened with the hot water and eviction plus he told me he was keeping my bond anyway and I was leaving three weeks early so I didn’t want to give him anymore money. I will get onto npower this afternoon and request my partners information I’m hoping that this one will be straight forward as I can prove I was paying the gas and electric alongside the rent, also my partner had moved out for 9 months of this tenancy but the landlord refused to take him off the agreement or make a new one when the 12 months expired he just left it as a rolling contract I assumed to assist with getting me out for his sale, again it’s just the length of time that concerns me. Yes I think I still have my tenancy agreement

Comment

Dolly

The reason for the question about the tenancy agreement was to establish in writing the terms including the security deposit & the status of utilities.

What does it say in you tenancy contract?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X