• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim Form from PRA group, sent AoS in, now what?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim Form from PRA group, sent AoS in, now what?

I've been going through the motions with PRA, sending in SAR, CCA etc. Its got to a point now where they have actually taken this matter to the Country Court. I've sent a CPR 31:14 request off to PRA. But I now only have a few days to either dispute the whole claim, part claim, or make full admission.

The claim is for £2500 from a Lloyds OD.
    The account was opened in 2012
    I seem to have all the required paperwork from Lloyds and PRA, so cant get the case dismissed on those grounds
    Looking at the statements I've calculated £1000 of charges and interest. I would ideally like to get the court to reduce the overall debt by that amount. Is this something they can do? Will this result in a CCJ?

One other thing, its a joint account for my wife and i, and the claim is solely in her name. Can it be dismissed on these grounds?
    Last edited by SpoonBox; 20th September 2019, 09:07:AM.
    Tags: None

Anyone? The end date to submit defence is a week away

Comment

Did lloyds continue to rack up charges on the account to more than £12 fee plus interest?

If so you might have an claim on unreasonable fees.

Comment

Charges were always £6.
        Will it just be a case of putting my tail between my legs on this one and paying up?

I still do not know why this has totally gone in my wifes name, and not in both of ours. Is that usual for a joint overdraft debt to go in one persons name?

Comment

Originally posted by SpoonBox View Post
          Charges were always £6.
          Will it just be a case of putting my tail between my legs on this one and paying up?

I still do not know why this has totally gone in my wifes name, and not in both of ours. Is that usual for a joint overdraft debt to go in one persons name?
          £6 per what?

If they charged you more than £12 per month plus interest then you might be able to do something.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X