• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Quick N245 form question please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick N245 form question please

Can the N245 form be used to stop High Court enforcement after a ccj has been granted at county court level? Assuming the ccj has progressed to High Court level

Thank you
    Tags: None

No..

Comment

So there is no way of stopping High Court enforcement if that's what the company claiming decides to do?
      Thanks

Comment

You want to file an N245 application to suspend the warrant and pay by instalments if it was a forthwith order originally. Have you received communication saying an application for enforcement has been made ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks. No no notification at the moment. As things stand the company owe have obtained a ccj at county level and have accepted my repayment amount. This just seems odd as I feel they have done this just to progress it to High Court to get enforcement under way. The concern is the debt is not CCA so it seems they can do this.

Comment

Was the order forthwith or instalments ? You can carry on with an informal arrangement out if court to pay instalments, but it is best to get it in writing, so if they did try enforcement you can say 'hang on, they agreed to £x amount a month and I've not missed a payment'... otherwise you can use N245 to vary the forthwith order to instalments at the amount you agreed with the judgment holder - then it's all formalised and set in stone - and couldn't be amended or enforced further without an application to court.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thanks.
              The ccj was for instalments set by the county court.

Comment

As long as you make the payments as ordered you are completely fine - the only enforcement potentially would be the judgment holder could apply to have a charging order to secure the debt in your property whilst payments are made.

What made you think they they were going to send it to bailiffs ?
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Well this is a claims management company we are talking about and I note they are not FCA regulated. The claim is for non payment of an invoice from a successful ppi claim. I completely messed up. I thought that as this claims is not a consumer credit act claim they can follow different rules?
                  I really need to avoid enforcement as that would devastate my family.
                  Thanks

Comment

if court order instalments everything else irrelevant for now

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X