• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent Help! Defence & Counteraclaim received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help! Defence & Counteraclaim received

Hello Everyone

Please can you kindly advise on the following

BACKGROUND
    A fensa registered company installed a UPVC double galzing window and during installation according to me removed the support that was holding the bricks and installed the window after installing the window the bricks moved out of place and they just spat cement to hold them in place, the window cill was not the correct size all was a rushed job.

The weight of the bricks caused the plastic frame above the window to limp and the work carried out was like cowboys! I emailed the company the same afternoon as fitting took place at near 6pm took pictures and explained that its a botched up job. And to return my old window and support that they removed.

They came back after few weeks and removed the window
    removed the bricks and fixed the bricks as they had cement all over then put a lintel (support ) then put the window back in
    The fitter said if you are not happy we will replace it with a new window.

They have not kept their word as they have not finished the work off their are gaps still showing the window is smaller than the actual size etc. We took them to court as we approached FENSA and were told they can't get involved until the is not complete and as a customer I'm not happy with what they were offering me. it seems like they just wanted to cover the gaps and not do the proper way.

We approached court and now they have defended the claim and also made a counterclaim. The window was worth £270 and now they want £1270!!

They are charging me for the bricklayer £350
    £200 balance outstanding
    £250 cost of new steel lintel
    £400 cost incurred for sending fitters
    £70 for counterclaim
    & legal costs incurred will be sent separately!!

please advise as my arguments is
    1.they did'nt tell me at the time of measurements that a lintel would be required and this is the extra cost
    2.they messed up the original fitting of the window
    3.they then had to fix it thus the bricklayer came in & lintel fitted by them
    4.i didn't agree to anything prior to this and nothing after

I have been patient with them the whole time and they messed upto begin with with incompetent fitters

How do i go with their counter claim and defence?
    Are their any laws i can refer to in my defence statement
    I was the claimant but not its like the company is out to get me

please advise kindly
    Tags: None

Was the window a replacement for another window or a completely new window ? ie. was there not already a lintel in place ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Amethyst

it was complete new window i was having my old 1 removed which was an old style window a wooden double glazing sort

My mum was supervising them and she describes the fitter as
      removing the old window and it still had a wooden beam/support there and whilst they put the new upvc window they removed that piece out and pushed the window in then the bricks above it moved became loose so the gaps in between the bricks which already have cement filling they splattered some more to try and keep them in place my mum told them not happy with this but they said we can't spend the entire night sorting this out and rushed the job

Comment

You need to post up your particulars of claim and the particulars of the counter claim

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X