• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tomlin Order without Court seal.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've not paid any of this.

Is it worth contacting the courts saying I wish I hadn't done this?!

Comment

To answer your question, in a word "No".

As you are now in breach of the terms of the Tomlin Order, the other side is at liberty to apply for judgment against you. It will get that, plus it's costs in doing so. If you don't pay up, in full, the next step will be a Order of Enforcement, also at your cost, and fairly shortly thereafter, there will be a knock on your door, probably from a High Court enforcement agent.

Whether your consent to the Tomlin Order was obtained by deceit and you would have a hard and expensive time proving that, you are bound by it, whilst it is still in force. You have now chosen not to adhere to it's terms and the consequences of that are as I have written above.
      Last edited by efpom; 18th September 2019, 03:50:AM.

Comment

As I informed you in post #7 as well as the consequences above (which I completely concur are correct) you will also have a county court judgement on your credit file for six years from the date they are awarded judgement.

You have basically shot yourself in the foot and should have just adhered to the order.
        COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Thinking about this...

How about I now claim the full amount from them at small claims along the lines of the original debt has been paid, the amount they have claimed is not the actual amount of debt owed, they were deceitful or anything else?

Is the rights to audience the same for the defense ie. they actually have to be the defendant or be present with representation?

Comment

My advice is to wear a crash helmet in court.

Comment

You admitted owing the debt at the amount they claimed by signing the Tonkin Order, it doesn’t matter who you thought their agent was or the fact it was in a court building, you admitted the debt.

You can’t just claim for anything, you have to have a cause of action and you have had no loss because the judgement against you is for the amount you have admitted plus costs of obtaining the judgement.

Rights of audience are the same for all parties, but just because their solicitor did attend a claim where they were claimant, I’d be amazed if they didn’t turn up to defend a claim if even got as far as a hearing.

I’d apply to strike out claim as vexatious with no real prospect of success pursuant to CPR 24.2.
              COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X