• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BT/Lowell Court Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BT/Lowell Court Claim

Hi all,

One or two years ago I got a Broadband contract with BT for a year.
    As soon as the contract started the internet quality was so poor that I literally couldn't access the internet at all.
    I contacted BT about this but they did not fix the problem.
    As the internet literally wasn't working at all I decided to get a contract with another provider.
    I did try to call BT to ask them to cancel the contract. They said I had to pay for the rest of the year. I told them I wasn't getting the service I paid for. They asked if I'd contacted technical support I said yes. I ended up being put on hold and passed from advisor to advisor with no conclusion.
    I cancelled my Direct Debit and moved on with my life.
    Since then BT have repeatedly asked me fot the money.
    Then the account passed to Lowell who have also been repeatedly calling me/writing to me.
    Today I received a County Claim Form asking me to pay.

Would you advise me to:
    a ) Take the punch and pay up
    b) Dispute it since I never got the service I paid for? Would I be able to claim BT were themselves in breach of contract?

Any help or advise appreciated at this point. Many thanks.

Update: I have now acknowledged the claim. Not sure how to proceed after this?
    Last edited by Moonmonkey; 23rd August 2019, 11:05:AM.
    Tags: None

for a start and state defend all;-

Acknowledge Claim

Have you kept all correspondence regarding the issues to complained about???

Comment

I have not kept any correspondence as I only contacted BT by phone and I didn't record the phonecalls because I didn't think it would ever end up in court. So technically I have no evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post

for a start and state defend all;-

Acknowledge Claim

Have you kept all correspondence regarding the issues to complained about???

I have acknowledged the claim.
        If I have no evidence of correspondence will I be unable to defend the claim?

Comment

CPR 31.14 Request send this request to lowells asking for the items they mention on the court claim form only, send Recorded Delivery

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
            CPR 31.14 Request send this request to lowells asking for the items they mention on the court claim form only, send Recorded Delivery
            Thank you very much I'll update when I hear back from them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X