• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

hi there please help confused

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi there please help confused

first off hello everyone
    fort time posting here and would really like your opinion of what I need to do.
    i recieved a court letter today informing me that Britannia parking is taking me to court regarding a parking ticket i recieved in July last year. now the strange thing with this is that I never even knew about this ticket as I've recieved nothing at my address, yet the court papers were sent to my mums address which is my old address and I haven't lived there for the last 8 years, I'm really confused.
    Tags: None

@des8

Comment

can anyone help with this please

Comment

ostell

Comment

yet the court papers were sent to my mums address which is my old address and I haven't lived there for the last 8 years,
          Usually this means the DVLA haven't been updated and the address is still shown on their records.

Comment

Hi, sorry for delay but I don't get notifications
            First thing is to acknowledge he claim but tick box saying you will defend in full
            Don't enter any defence at the mo'

You say you received the ticket last July & then that you knew nothing about it?????

You will have to write to Britannia and ask for all documentation that they intend to rely on in court

charitynjw

Comment

that's right des8 never recieved anything the only reason I know it was in July 2018 is it states it in the court papers I haven't lived at my mums address for 8 years and everything from the dvla goes to my current address I've just recieved my tax reminder from them. this is the only post my mum has recieved for me in about 7 years.

Comment

Hi, welcome to LB.

Firstly, *acknowledge the court claim asap.

Next, the court claim, & any notices, letters etc from the parking co (&/or their legal rep) will have been sent to the vehicle's registered keeper.
                So do not, in any way, ID who was driving/parking at the time of the alleged contravention.

Are you on the electoral register at your current address? Utility bills? Council tax?

As des8 has stated, you'll need to ask for disclosure & inspection of documents.
                For now, could you post up a picture of (or write verbatim) the Particulars of Claim from the court claim?...redact personal info, such as the vehicle reg.
                Also, pics of the site signage if poss.

*What is the date of issue on the court claim?
                There may be a case to argue that the claim was incorrectly served, but you don't want to miss the deadline & find that you have a default judgment against you.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

hi yes I'm on the electrol roll for the current address have been since we moved in there. I'll sort out posted up the claim form. I've already acknowledged the court claim and out nothing in my defence.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X