• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. If this is your first visit to LegalBeagles and you need assistance then you can ask a question here;
    Create a Thread
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

hi there please help confused

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • hi there please help confused

    first off hello everyone
    fort time posting here and would really like your opinion of what I need to do.
    i recieved a court letter today informing me that Britannia parking is taking me to court regarding a parking ticket i recieved in July last year. now the strange thing with this is that I never even knew about this ticket as I've recieved nothing at my address, yet the court papers were sent to my mums address which is my old address and I haven't lived there for the last 8 years, I'm really confused.
    Tags: None

  • #2


    • #3
      can anyone help with this please


      • #4


        • #5
          yet the court papers were sent to my mums address which is my old address and I haven't lived there for the last 8 years,
          Usually this means the DVLA haven't been updated and the address is still shown on their records.


          • #6
            Hi, sorry for delay but I don't get notifications
            First thing is to acknowledge he claim but tick box saying you will defend in full
            Don't enter any defence at the mo'

            You say you received the ticket last July & then that you knew nothing about it?????

            You will have to write to Britannia and ask for all documentation that they intend to rely on in court



            • #7
              that's right des8 never recieved anything the only reason I know it was in July 2018 is it states it in the court papers I haven't lived at my mums address for 8 years and everything from the dvla goes to my current address I've just recieved my tax reminder from them. this is the only post my mum has recieved for me in about 7 years.


              • #8
                Hi, welcome to LB.

                Firstly, *acknowledge the court claim asap.

                Next, the court claim, & any notices, letters etc from the parking co (&/or their legal rep) will have been sent to the vehicle's registered keeper.
                So do not, in any way, ID who was driving/parking at the time of the alleged contravention.

                Are you on the electoral register at your current address? Utility bills? Council tax?

                As des8 has stated, you'll need to ask for disclosure & inspection of documents.
                For now, could you post up a picture of (or write verbatim) the Particulars of Claim from the court claim?...redact personal info, such as the vehicle reg.
                Also, pics of the site signage if poss.

                *What is the date of issue on the court claim?
                There may be a case to argue that the claim was incorrectly served, but you don't want to miss the deadline & find that you have a default judgment against you.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

                This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

                You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

                There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

                "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick


                • #9
                  hi yes I'm on the electrol roll for the current address have been since we moved in there. I'll sort out posted up the claim form. I've already acknowledged the court claim and out nothing in my defence.


                  View our Terms and Conditions

                  LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

                  If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

                  If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.


                  1 of 2 < >


                  Pre-Action Letters
                  First Steps
                  Check dates
                  Acknowledge Claim
                  CCA Request
                  CPR 31.14 Request
                  Subject Access Request Letter
                  Example Defence
                  Set Aside Application
                  Witness Statements
                  Directions Questionnaire
                  Statute Barred Letter

                  If you received a court claim and would like some help and support dealing with it, please read the first steps and make a new thread in the forum with as much information as you can.

                  NOTE: If you receive a court claim note these dates in your calendar ...
                  Acknowledge Claim - within 14 days from Service

                  Defend Claim - within 28 days from Service (IF you acknowledged in time)

                  If you fail to Acknowledge the claim you may have a default judgment awarded against you, likewise, if you fail to enter your defence within 28 days from Service.

                  We now feature a number of specialist consumer credit debt solicitors on our sister site, JustBeagle.com
                  If your case is over �10,000 or particularly complex it may be worth a chat with a solicitor, often they will be able to help on a fixed fee or CFA (no win, no fee) basis.
                  2 of 2 < >

                  Need Formal Help?

                  Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

                  Find a Law Firm

                  See more
                  See less

                  Court Claim ?

                  Guides and Letters

                  Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

                  Find a Law Firm