• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VCS claim form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCS claim form

Hi guys hope you can help here, this incident was in may 2015 so just over 4 yrs ago.
    I had dropped someone off in the paid car park that gives a grace of 15 mins, after I dropped off I pulled into a layby to check my front tyre as it felt heavy and thought I had a puncture, it was indeed low so rather then change it myself I googled the nearest fuel station to put more air in.
    Sometime whilst this was going on wasnt more then 5 to 10 mins a camera van snapped my car because I received a letter showing me parked up in a layby that was supposedly a bus stop although no busses stop there and there is no bus stop stand stating numbers, there was a very small sign there stating private land but it was that small anyone would have to get out and read it anyway!
    I responded to VCS by stating I was the Keeper but I wasnt willing to admit anything further, I went on to state that I think the charge/invoice was unjust as in the actual DSA car park they actually gave a grace of 15 mins therefore I clearly used that facility first.
    It took them about 4 months to reply totaly ignoring my lenthly letter and basically said pay up.
    I ended up ignoring further contact with them as they totally ignored my first letter, they sent numerous letters offering a deal and then threatening court and bailiff action then went quiet for about 2 years then recently started to send letters again.
    Now I.have received a claim form from the county court business center in Northampton.
    Appreciate any advice as I feel this is definitely a legal letter.
    Thanks Mark .
    Last edited by 1867mark; 1st July 2019, 12:15:PM.
    Tags: None

Hi & welcome to LB.
    You have left visible your password & vehicle reg.
    Have you acknowledged the court claim yet?
    If not, do so asap, or risk a default judgment.
    https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ledge-a-claim/

I'm not certain what the current situation is re Robin Hood Airport & bye laws, but it would seem that you have a case to argue that, due to an unforseen event (problem with the tyre), the alleged contract was frustrated.

Acknowledge first.....we can look at the rest once you've done so.

I don't suppose by some miracle you've retained the original postal PCN?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Edit so that you are not identified, like VRM, and remove password.

There are some Robin Hood threads in Pepipoo forum.

Do you still have the original PCN ?

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
        Edit so that you are not identified, like VRM, and remove password.

There are some Robin Hood threads in Pepipoo forum.

Do you still have the original PCN ?
        Snap!
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Okay I only got the letter over the weekend so not yet as im still at work.
          The reg on the vehicle's is now a former car.
          Ill have a look at historical paperwork but it was 4 years ago.
          Finally how do I edit ? Doesnt seem to be an option plz mods feel free to blank out anything that needs it I may have overlooked .
          Last edited by 1867mark; 1st July 2019, 12:14:PM.

Comment

In the blue bar at the bottom of your post there should be, on the right, an "edit" button. It's just that the VRM identifies you. If you get in to edit remove the form and repost with changes thus evening. With the password they could just login and state that you admit the charges and will pay, and it will be difficult to get out of that

Comment

Will do thanks and Ill see if I can find one of the original letters from 4yrs ago.

Comment

Hi guys, looked hard for the letter from VCS and so far I havent been able to get hold of it.
                Do I need to send the acknowledgement of received letter online and what do I need to do re disputing this case.
                They say Im at a bus stop but its not a bus stop and no busses stop there.
                they also say its private land.
                thanks .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X