• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ - set aside or not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jellsbells View Post

I also cant fill in the name of Court or Claim number as I do not have these.

Section 5. I have asked for without a hearing and suggested 15 minutes.

Section 8. What level of Judge does the hearing need?

Section 10. "what information will you be relying on in support of your application?" do I attach a witness statement or can I rely on the consent order? I have my council tax bills from the last 3 years showing my change of address etc.

Can I send off and pay via cheque/postal order?

Thanks in advance!
    You need to find out the name of the court and claim number, without them the court will not accept the application.

s.8 Distrcit Judge

s.10 refer to post #9

Yes, you can make a cheque or postal order payable to HM Courts & Tribunals Service.
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

thanks in the event they do not reply can I use the Northampton County Court and the reference number from my credit record? My credit record specifies the NCC.

Comment

thanks in the event they do not reply can I use the Northampton County Court and the reference number from my credit record? My credit record specifies the NCC.
        No, you need to contact the court and find out which court along with the claim reference number. You only get one shot at this, so have to get it right and guessing the court and claim number is not advised.

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Thanks they have come back with:

CC Business Centre
          St Katherin's House
          21-27 St Katherine's St
          Northampton
          NN1 2LH

Claim number [x] this is exactly the details that are on my credit report at experian.

I assumed it would have been a county court that was local to us both - coincidentally for both the claimant and myself it would have been in our local town which is absolutely nowhere near northampton.

Comment

Thanks they have come back with:

CC Business Centre
            St Katherin's House
            21-27 St Katherine's St
            Northampton
            NN1 2LH

Claim number [x] this is exactly the details that are on my credit report at experian.

I assumed it would have been a county court that was local to us both - coincidentally for both the claimant and myself it would have been in our local town which is absolutely nowhere near northampton.
            CCBC at Northampton is essentially a processing centre for online claims, they deal with all the issue and first stages where no human intervention is needed. Had you received the claim and defended it then case management filing would have transferred the claim to your local court.

You return the application to CCBC, but they will transfer it to your local court to be dealt with.

Comment

Hi I am all ready to post ot the court now have been waiting for the original version of the consent order to make its way to me. I am really stuck on the draft defence aspect. Mainly because the debt is for £591 and already it has been 50% paid, I have never received their oroiginal particulars of claim or anything, no original forms so I cant say when our agreement started or anything. The only proof I have is my council tax bills for the peirod which show tha t I moved 18 months prior to the judgment being issued. I have put 1. It is admitted that the defendant entered into an agreement with the claimant. 2. It is denied that the defendant owes the claimant £591 as identified on their credit report. 3. The defendant has seen no evidence of the initial claim being served or any attempts at it having been served. 4. As per the defendant's witness statement she had moved address some time prior to the originnal judgment. Is this good enough????? I will leave posting until Tuesday now.

Comment

Hi I am all ready to post ot the court now have been waiting for the original version of the consent order to make its way to me. I am really stuck on the draft defence aspect. Mainly because the debt is for £591 and already it has been 50% paid, I have never received their oroiginal particulars of claim or anything, no original forms so I cant say when our agreement started or anything. The only proof I have is my council tax bills for the peirod which show tha t I moved 18 months prior to the judgment being issued. I have put 1. It is admitted that the defendant entered into an agreement with the claimant. 2. It is denied that the defendant owes the claimant £591 as identified on their credit report. 3. The defendant has seen no evidence of the initial claim being served or any attempts at it having been served. 4. As per the defendant's witness statement she had moved address some time prior to the originnal judgment. Is this good enough????? I will leave posting until Tuesday now.
                You are not filing a defence now, you are making an application to set a judgement aside and I've told you what you need to do in posts #9 and #16.

IF this judgement is set aside and the claimant do not file a Notice of discontinuance, then you will need to file a defence.

Comment

Thought I would update to say that the Court agreed to set aside. I tucked in the box to no hearing needed and attached my consent order etc I had the letter through on Friday to say it had been agreed. My question now is will the court tell the credit reference agencies about it or is this something I need to do myself?

Comment

post deleted

Comment

Thought I would update to say that the Court agreed to set aside. I tucked in the box to no hearing needed and attached my consent order etc I had the letter through on Friday to say it had been agreed. My question now is will the court tell the credit reference agencies about it or is this something I need to do myself?
                      The court will update trust online and them the credit agencies, if it's not updated in a couple of months contact the court to give them a nudge.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X