• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New Day/Arrow/Drydens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Day/Arrow/Drydens

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 14 Mar 2019
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: Yes
    Total Amount Claimed : £1700
    Claimant’s Name: Arrow Global
    Solicitors Firm: Drydens
    Original Creditor: New Day
    Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) : Credit card
    Particulars of Claim: ( Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers/exact amounts ):
    1. the claim is for the sum of 1700 in respect of monies owing by the defendant on a credit agreement held by the defendant with new day under acc no xxxxxxx upon which the defendant failed to maintain payments.
    2. default notice was served on the defendant and has not been complied with.
    3. The balance owed was assigned from Idem Capital securities ltd to the claimant and the defendant has been notified of the assignment by letter. Contact drydensfairfax on 0113....
    Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): No it is about 5 years
    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ): SAR, CPR and CCA sent
    Any Other Information or Background Details:
    Tags: None

Hello, I am in need of some advice in regards to the above case. I've had no contact from Drydens or Arrow (arrow have not cashed the CCA cheque) but today the SAR came with all the documents. Obviously my defence needs to be in this weekend. Am I doomed? I took this card out when I was at uni and working part time had every intention of paying it back, I just ended up defaulting through them upping my limit and me being naïve in thinking I could afford their repayments. Cheers.

Comment

Amethyst

Comment

No you're not doomed - the SAR is additional for your information - it is the claimant that needs to comply with your CCA request --- was the SAR from Newday or Arrow ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

There's also the cpr 31.14 request they need to reply to - they need notice of assignment from newday to idem then idem to Arrow.... and default notice. ..... are they in the sar ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi Amethyst, The default is in the SAR, statements and the contract thing. No notice of assignments. The SAR was from newday. The CCA cheque hasn't even been cashed by arrow and drydens have said nought.

Comment

Stick to the standard defence in that case xxx

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...-court-claims/

When Arrow does produce docs you can compare them to those sent by newday.

When was the default ? ( sounds unlikely to have been over six years but worth checking )

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Default was 2015 it says so not SB. I'll put the defence in now. Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X