• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Txt regarding warrant of payment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Txt regarding warrant of payment

I just need some advice I received a txt on Tuesday I will post pic.. I can’t recall receiving any letters recently and I have not rang the numbers provided as unsure if a scam any advice appreciated
    Tags: None

I think Doncaster County Court closed down.... there is a hearing / justice centre - possibly county court is part of the magistrates court actually now.... their number is

01302 366 711

so I'd give them a ring with the warrant number and see if they know anything first.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for reply is it usual usual to recieve txts like that I did google Doncaster county court and the phone numbers fid not match..should they have sent a letter first .i really don’t no what this is for .fidngcwant yo ring up and give out my name and address

Comment

Should say what this is for and I don’t want to ring and give out my name and address

Comment

If one of those Lowell debts has some how gone to a Judgment without you knowing, you need to know, basically, and you don't ( presumably ) want an enforcement agent just turning up, so I'd ring the court on the official number and tell them you have a received a text out of the blue apparently from a bailiff, and give them the warrant number to see what it is. If it is a judgment obtained in default that's gone to warrant you will need to apply to suspend the warrant and set aside the judgment, but you can't do anything till you know.

I agree with you about not ringing the numbers on a random text though... but do ring the proper number. They might give you one of those numbers for the bailiff dept anyway ( and yes they would only be open till 2 so I'd do it asap )
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thanks I will ring them now how do I apply to suspend the warrant can I do that when I speak to them

Comment

The warrant is for £279.25 the account is a shop direct Lowell account for £1190.36..

.the court can give me 3 months to split the £279.25 which makes payments around £94 a month..

was advised that I could ring Lowell and ask for it adding to there £1190.36 and ask if they can do a lower payment to cover it all.

if I did this do you think they would reduce the total debt if I mske payment plan in place

Comment

I can recall I catalogue account but was a few years ago before I moved and I have been at my current address for 5 years

Comment

You need to start at the beginning and tell us what this is all about. Whatever you do do not ring Lowells as all they will want will be payment. You need more info rather than just pay willy nilly. Chances are this will have been a Default Judgment that may even have been Statute Barred - when did you last move as everything could have gone to an old address.

Comment

As far as I can remember this was a freeman’s catalogue debt I can’t remember how long from but is possibly over 6/7 years if not longer..

i did ring Lowell in September 2017 as used to get loads of letters regarding this a payment plan was set up for £50 a month jnosyed the first payment September/October 2017 then had to cancel direct debit due to financial difficulties..

can not recsll getting any letters regarding this till the txt came on Tuesday

Does the payment I made effect the statute barred now ?..

the courts say I have 12 days to pay the warrant to them or arrange it with Lowell I dont know what to do now I don’t want an enforcement ballif calling ..

the court ballif says they only need the warrant paying £279.25 what does that mean ?

Comment

I moved 5 years ago

Comment

You are OK timewise with the Bailiff (County Court Bailiff) for now. I would suggest you ring the Court again and ask:
                        When Judgment was made
                        Was a defence ever entered
                        Who the Claimant was
                        How much Judgment was for
                        What address was used for service of all documentation
                        Could always ask if they will email you a copy of all the paperwork

Comment

Old thread - https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...l-debts-letter - so you had letters in July 2018.... at your current address.... and you sent CCA requests back then didn't you, with the right address on ? So there wasn't any reason for them to have filed at an old address ..... did the court say what addresss the judgment had been obtained at ? ( completely agree with Ploddertom - ring court and ask them the details )
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Was served on the 27/3/2019 said I had 12 days from that date was the court ballif I spoke to couldn’t tell me much about only the amount owed to Lowell and how much the warrant was for.

they told me to ring Lowell for information on the debt they didn’t even have my DOB

Comment

The CCA requests was for different accounts in 2018 how this came about my son got letters for few months to his address after applying for finance.

We have the same name so he panicked as he new he had never had an account. Fetched the letters to me so I rang Lowell realised was my debt and set up the payment plan which I just couldn’t really afford.

i really can’t remember anything coming through the post to me but for a time I did just destroy letters as couldn’t cope we things like that at time

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X