• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hoist/Cohen/Barclaycard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoist/Cohen/Barclaycard

Hi everyone

I had a credit card debt with Egg many years ago. This ended up being passed to Robinson Way. I agreed to pay £50/month towards this and did so for at least a few years. Out of the blue Robinson Way wrote to me saying thanks for getting in touch (which I didn't), however, we no longer handle this debt. Please contact the original company for assistance. I've written to Egg/Barclaycard with no response (this was approx 18 months ago, maybe longer). Anyway, after no response from anyone and Robinson Way telling me they no longer had anything to do with the debt I cancelled the standing order I had set up with them. End of last week I received a claim form letter from Hoist saying I was due £4397, owing under the agreement, pursuant to The Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I've acknowledged the claim and have prineted off CCA request letters for Hoist and a copy for their solicitors (Howard Cohen & Co).

What should I be doing next and is there more info required for anyone to help??

Thanks in advance

Atholl
    Tags: None

Have I posted in the correct place. Help please!!!

Comment

Hi sorry your post got missed - I'll move you to the court forum and reply shortly xxx
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Sounds like your on top of things - youve sent the cca request to hoist - that's the important bit - have you sent ya cpr 31.14 letter https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...-of-documents/ to Howard Cohen ? If not then that's worth doing.

You didnt receive anything between Robinson way ditching you and receiving the claim ? No letter before action or anything ?

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Sent the cpr letter to Howard Cohen. To be honest I did find a letter yesterday from Robinson way offering 2700 to satisfy debt. Also, a letter from Howard Cohen (may 18), stating I've failed to repay. It says debt originates from a written agreement dated 15/12/05.

I wa paying 50/month to Robinson way then they kept writing to me to say 'thanks for getting in touch but we are no longer responsible for the debt'. I have never been in touch!

Do I just sit back and wait for a reply?

Thanks

Atholl

Comment

Hi, can you confirm I just wait for the replies or should I be doing anything more??

Thanks

Atholl

Comment

Not sure what I should be doing while waiting for a response to my letters re above? Can someone reassure me of what I should be doing now.

Thanks

Atholl

Comment

Yip that's it - you could send a Subject Access Request to the original creditor ( well, it'd be barclaycard now I'd assume ) as that might help to check details against Hoists response later - otherwise check your defence due date and start preparing that based on what you know to date. Your defence must go in on time even if you get no replies at all.
                Subject Access Request Letter
                Example Defence

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi

Still no response from hoist or anyone else. What happens next?

Thanks

Atholl

Comment

Nothing at all ? Even acknowledgement that they got your letter ? Not massively suprising but irritating... anyway start putting your defence together - it's going to be pretty standard ' no docs received ' so use the example https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...-court-claims/
                    as a starting point. What dates defence due - quite soon I think ?

Did you send a SAR to barclays ?
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

SAR sent and defence sent. Just don't want anyone knocking at the door!!!

Comment

No response. What do I do now??
                        ​​​​​​
                        Thanks

Atholl

Comment

Letter from Howard Cohen stating hfukhil have notified the court they are proceeding with the claim and to contact them should I wish to settle in full or by monthly installments. No reply to SAR

What do I do now?

Thanks

Atholl

Comment

Wait for the court to send you a directions questionnaire, and when you receive it, complete, and send back to court ( and send a copy to the claimant ). https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...uestionnaire//

Any sign of any documents from the claimant or original creditor ?
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

No sign of anything from anyone. Does that affect anything?

Can they say they haven't received request or anything like that?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X