• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*** DISCONTINUED ** defence of CCJ from IDEM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would put it in as part of the timeline of events, but I wouldn't labour the point.

If the claimant's position is that you owe the alleged debt, & your's is that you do not, there isn't really much of a middle ground on which to mediate.

(Also see post #32)
    Last edited by charitynjw; 27th February 2019, 22:37:PM.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

But they really should give you the opportunity to mediate.

So something like
      In an effort to be reasonable, & to save the court time & expense, I offered to mediate. Unfortunately the Claimant declined the offer.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
        But they really should give you the opportunity to mediate.

So something like
        In an effort to be reasonable, & to save the court time & expense, I offered to mediate. Unfortunately the Claimant declined the offer.
        Excellent! Couldn't have put it any better myself Thanks a million..

Comment

Update!!! Just received a Notice of Discontinuance from Idem securities ahead of the hearing scheduled for this Friday 15th March. They have said that they are in receipt of my witness statement and attempted to contact me to discuss matter further with a view to adjourning the Hearing but as they have been unsuccessful in their attempts to contact me they propose to discontinue the proceedings and ask the Court to vacate the Hearing. They enclose a copy of The Notice of Discontinuance for my records signed by their litigation officer.

Can I just say the biggest thank you for all of your time, guidance & advice in dealing with what was a very stressful situation. I cannot thank you enough! Idem have been an awful bunch to deal with these past few years & since issuing this claim they tried to trip me up on several occasion, but with the guidance on this forum I knew that as the defendant you have to strictly adhere to the timetable regardless of what the claimant is saying.

Should I now leave the matter there or should I make some claim against them for time/costs defending claim and their sharp practice?

I am sooooo happy this is over & I will now enjoy the Friday I booked off work!! Xxx

Comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you...and again thank you!! Xx

Comment

Nice work tbees72 and charitynjw Well done !!
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Cool!

Keep that notice of discontinuance nice & safe!
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thank you Charitynjw. You are the best!

Comment

Hello charitynjw,

After the excitement of the Notice of Discontinuance received a few weeks ago - the good folk of Idem have tasked the equally good folk of Westcot services to pursue the debt on their behalf. I am receiving daily phone calls ( I have blocked number but I do receive voicemail messages) and also have received a number of letters threatening this that and the other. Could I ask how I should proceed? Ignore them or can I make a complaint?

Many thanks,
                    tbees72

Comment

Originally posted by tbees72 View Post
                      Hello charitynjw,

After the excitement of the Notice of Discontinuance received a few weeks ago - the good folk of Idem have tasked the equally good folk of Westcot services to pursue the debt on their behalf. I am receiving daily phone calls ( I have blocked number but I do receive voicemail messages) and also have received a number of letters threatening this that and the other. Could I ask how I should proceed? Ignore them or can I make a complaint?

Many thanks,
                      tbees72
                      First, take a look at Harrison v Link Financial , this was a High Court case i took forward where the Court slaughtered Link for harassing the client. The Harrison case has been used many times to secure damages for harassment by telephone, so id suggest two things, i get a diary and note every single call, secondly, write to them and tell them you do not wish to speak to them so cease calling, if they continue you can pursue a case for an unfair relationship against them
                      I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X