• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell county court claim - Defence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, just wanted to update that today I've received this letter from Lowell Solicitors, do I need to do anything now and will this be removed from my credit file?

'Our client has instructed us to discontinue this claim and therefore we enclose a copy of the Notice of Discontinuance by way of serviceupon you.
    We have filed the same at court and have requested that any hearing that may have been listed is vacated.

We confirm that this brings the legal proceedings to an end.'

Thanks!!

Comment

A Notice of Discontinuance brings the proceedings to an end, as Lowell Solicitors says - there will be no judgment against you and probably nothing to be removed from your credit file. You could do a GDPR Data Subject Access Request to the likes of Experian or Equifax to see whether it would be worthwhile to reset any black marks by sending a copy of the Notice of Discontinuance

Comment

Hi all,

I've today received a letter of a Debt recovery company called Lantern, for the amount of £342. It does not state who they are collecting for or what the debt is, is it possible this is from Lowell or is that unlikely?

Struggling to think of anything else this could be

Thanks

Comment

Lantern are MMF - usually payday / short term loans ( Mr Lender ?)

Anything show on your credit file for about that amount ?

Probably entirely separate from the Lowell one - well done on the discontinuance btw xx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thankyou!
            I checked my credit report last night, nothing on there that was Experian and Equifax. I have had pay day loans in 2012/13 all from MyJar however they were all settled. I rechecked with them that there's nothing outstanding.

I may send a letter back asking what the debt is in relation to,

Thanks again

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X