• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Solicitors CCJ received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do not remind them!

Comment

I received documents this morning from Lowell after CCA requesting them back in February. They’ve got the account on hold until 9/5. What action do I take next?

Comment

none unless they decide to send a PAP (prior to court proceedings) never remind them they tend to look harder

Comment

Originally posted by els77 View Post
          I received documents this morning from Lowell after CCA requesting them back in February. They’ve got the account on hold until 9/5. What action do I take next?
          This account isn't at court is it? What's the situation with it - just one that Lowells has been assigned ?
          If you give us a bit of an idea what the account is, when opened, defaulted, how much etc, what the status is we might be able to suggest what to do next now you have the response to the CCA request.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The account isn’t at court. It has just been assigned to Lowell. The account was for a Capital One credit card. It was opened October 2012 there is nothing that shows a default date though? The amount is for around £300

Comment

Okay it would have to have defaulted before March 2013 to be statute barred so that does seem unlikely to be the case - does it still appear on your credit file?

Entirely up to you, you know the account will be enforceable, so it's a matter of whether you want to try negotiate a settlement or installment now or wait and see if they do try to take it to court ( making an offer at the letter of claim stage ) but bearing in mind if it gets to that it's less likely any discount would be possible, and of course if they get to filing a claim there would be the additional court fee and solicitor cost ( about £75 I'd expect ) on top.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I’ve received the odd letter from Lowell about this account but I’ve now received an email from Resolvecall to say they have been passed the account from Lowell. What would be my best thing to do next?

Comment

Resolvecall (no powers)= tell them if they visit to go away, they are only hopeful collection commission agents, you do not have to converse with them, any problem with them on doorstep close door and walk away, any abuse from them tell them you are calling the police as an incident has occurred.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X