• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help

I received a county court claim form from Northampton. Its for a shop direct debt for £500 from October 16. They passed the debt to Lowell who’s acting solicitor is Cohen Cramer. I received the letter on 13/12/18 although it was dated 30th November. I have acknowledged my intentions to defend the claim on 13th which was received on 14/12/18.
    I have completed a CCA and a CPR however I am
    concerned as the CCA request gives Lowell 12 working days however i need to submit my defence in 2 weeks! Plus its the Christmas period so im confused with all the bamk holidays. Can anyone please advise?
    Tags: None

basically you state a request was made on such a date (if not received) then state request outstanding.

same with CPR31.14 ( same here you will no doubt not get the paperwork in time for defence to state outstanding request = as far as CPR31.14 they do not have to at this stage but later on if outstanding and they continue with the case the court orders them to> Read threads and you will see how things seem to pan out

Comment

Thank you for your response. Will I have to defend my claim within 28 days from the date the claim
      was issued? Do you think it will make a difference if the request is still outstanding?
      Thanks again

Comment

Example Defence
        Check dates check the date it has to be in by, send thru MCOL the day before if a weekend then by 4 pm on the next Monday

Comment

could give us more detail i.e. last payment/default date last acknowledged when taken out with whom>

Comment

Its not a debt I recognise. All I know is it states on the statement of particulars that the debt was legally assigned on 23/09/16 and that a notice has been given.

Comment

Further to this I have now received a letter of change of solicitors from Cohen Cramer to Lowell Solicitors. They have sent me the credit agreement, statement and notice of assignment also the default notice. They state on the bottom that i can put forward a reasonable offer to avoid this going further. They will consider a reasonable payment proposal. Can anyone please adivse? Also will they do this without a CCJ?

Comment

Its a littlewoods account, opened in November 2014. Last payment made was June 2016 and it was sold to lowell in September 2016.

Comment

Do you recognise the debt now they have provided documents ?
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes unfortunately

Comment

Okay, have you heard anything further from the court? Have the Claimant's responded to say they are intending to proceed with the claim following your defence ?

If it looks like the debt is valid and they've provided the information the best bet is to contact the claimant and see if you can arrange installment payments or a full and final ( reduced ) settlement out of court without having the claim go to a Judgment ( sometimes they will do it under a 'Consent' or 'Tomlin order which basically puts the case on hold in the court system while you make payments, so you have no CCJ against you, but if you renege on the agreement they can go back to court and obtain judgment then )
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you so much for your reply and your help.
                        The Court has sent me a Directions Questionnaire which needs to be returned by 27th which I also dont really understand. The Claimants have sent the info I requested and have offered a reasonable repayment plan either in full or in instalments to avoid further legal costs but it doesn’t tell me their intentions.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X