• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lending stream / Asset collections

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lending stream / Asset collections

Hi All..
    Can I start off by saying thank you for all the useful information on this site. After much reading and following the advice on other users posts I successfully challenged Cabot/Nolans at court recently. I could not have done it without coming across these forums. Many thanks.

I now have an issue with the above mentioned. I have received a simple procedure claim.. I have until end of year to respond. I sent off a CCA request and received documents from ACI. I'm not quite sure I've received the correct information. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    Tags: None

Hiya xx

Great to hear you beat Nolans/Cabot - was that a case of not being provided with the documents under the CCA ?

So who has brought the claim against you from the Lending Stream debt - Claimant Asset? - who's the law firm? TM Legal? or are they using a Scots firm?

If they have sent you the agreement check the figures are correct and the repayment makes sense ( feel free to post up the agreement without your personal info on )

Presumably it's less than 5 years since default/last payment ?
    Was the loan actually directly with Lending Stream or one of their sister companies ?

I'd also do a SAR to Lending Stream ( Data Subject Request - GAIN Credit LLC -
    Lending Stream, Wisteria Grange Barn, Pikes End, Pinner, London,
    HA5 2EX ) to get the full details of the loan and what happened with it.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi there..
      Thank you for replying. In ref.. to Cabot, they did not produce the documents requested. They were very sneaky! Refused to change my address with the court.. obviously in the hope I would miss important info. I had to phone the court every day for updates. They eventually abandoned the case 2 days before management meeting without telling me of course so I attended. Court aides were all lovely. Not as intimidating as I thought.

It is Asset who are taking me to court. They are representing themselves.. although in court papers they have ticked the 'friend/representative' box. Then below that have put Asset employee? It was Lending Stream who organised loan. It was 2015. I fell into hard times and now everything catching up with me. I'll try and upload what they have sent me. They have used 2 different loan ID numbers on the documents? Have they messed up here do you think?

Comment

There may have been one loan rolled into another - do you want to email me the copies ( sometimes it's easier ) admin@legalbeagles.info.

Interesting they're representing themselves, wonder if they have a clue how the Scots system works.... ( it's something I am not particularly au fait with tbh - but you've been through it once so I'll assume you're on top of that side lol )
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi.. emailed cca docs to you. I can forward court papers later if needed. I think I did have one loan which I paid off then few months later took second one. I'd have t9 double check..

Comment

Nothings come through yet but I'll keep an eye out xx
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Tell a lie they've just pinged up xxxx
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Rightio

So the original loan was £440 taken out in April 2016. Default in September 2016. ( so there should be a default notice - as it didn't just go to the term end and terminate, it actual got cancelled early and remaining principal brought forward and debt called in )

Looks like you paid the interest elements to begin with but stopped payments when you had to pay the £20 odd off the capital.

Does that scan with what they have put in their details of claim ( and in the consumer credit claim bit ?) and have they put the Loan Reference ID in the claim.

The agreement is under one number and the later statement is under another, but the details do seem to be the right ones for that loan.
                The agreement does actually seem to be a copy of the original ( it has the correct interim permissions number for the date of the loan at the footer - note how it is different in the later statement (also correct for date ).

It is likely to be deemed enforceable and seems the CCA request has been complied with.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

I will check the claim when I'm home for the ID ref.. I'm don't think they mentioned anything about interest or payments in the claim documents. I will send copies of this later (will be after 11pm so please excuse late response).
                  So do you think I should accept defeat on this one and send a time to pay response?
                  thanks..

Comment

Hi there..

I've emailed key pages of court documents to you. I've just noticed there are errors in the dates when loan was supposedly taken out. The cca states a different date from what they have put on court claim. It also states I used my current address for the online application.. false. Cca says previous address. They have also stated they txt called and sent letters..again false. All correspondence they sent was via email which I never responded to.
                    Does these errors go in my favour at all?
                    Appreciate your advice on this..

Comment

Mainly means they are talking out their bottoms and actually have no idea what they're doing .... I'll have a look at paperwork in morning and see where we're at.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Great!! You are a star )))

Comment

CD7537D3-5E34-440A-8E10-8BDAFCBCF6F5.jpeg

4E80C77F-32C5-455D-BF82-A981BAF7410E.jpeg

B4073F12-35B8-4CDD-A792-BF29FE766D62.jpeg

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi S..

Have you managed to have a read over simple procedure rules?

Would I be able to argue my case that the info and dates on court claim does not relate to any of the documents they sent to me.And lastly is it too late to send an affordability complaint to Lending Stream to stop the asset claim going ahead?

I've checked all my emails. I had 3 loans all together with lending stream. First one paid off. Second one taken out march 2016 with a third taken out April so had 2 running at same time. At the time I had 2 credit cards maxed out and a 118118 loan plus I had maxed my £1200 overdraft with my bank Safe to say I was in hard times and acting recklessly!

I'm blaming the menopause 100% totally sent me wacky!

On the plus side I'm back to normal (whatever normal is ) I've paid off my overdraft. Put a complaint into 118118 to have interest knocked off and a payment plan put in place.

I've dealt with one of the credit cards through Cabot (winning). So now left with this mob and one credit card. So if you tell me I have no chance I'll admit defeat and ask for time to pay.

Thanks in advance. And a belated Happy Birthday !!

Comment

All my funny faces didn't show up in my last message! My menopause speech was meant to come across as funny lol but definitely a true story )D xxx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X