• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell vanquish card debt and court claim form help please

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell vanquish card debt and court claim form help please

hi
    I am hoping to gain advice and support regarding the county court claim forms I received on the 21st November .

I will try to be very thorough with my information but I have never had to deal with anything like this before so will be looking for guidance, I’ve done some reading and understand I have to respond soon .

Background

I took out a vanquish card a number of years ago that I got behind on the payments for , they kept upping my limit and I couldn’t really afford it and adding interest and charges and charging me sums of £50 or more to set up payment plans as a fee , unfortunately the account was managed online and I’m now locked out and was paperless and I’ve since moved after a breakup so don’t have any paperwork, I don’t remember exactly when it was taken out and the claim form has no date.
    I've made no payment since last year /18 months and the debt was sold to Lowell , who did send me a letter before claim to which I responded but never heard anything back until this ( I did send recorded but am unsure if I still have the receipt - I am looking )

Particulars of claim say

I entered into a consumer credit act agreement 1974 with vanquish and my account ref but no dates .

I failed to maintain payments and got into arrears
    Assignment to claimant and notice given on 29/09/17

sum of £3629 remains outstanding ( this seems
    high to me but until I get more info I don’t know if this is true or how many charges they added )
    interestt added etc.

I plan to log on to moneyclaim or reply that I wish to dispute the claim and get more information , Is this the right way to proceed ?.... do I ask for extra time ?
    how do I defend this claim .... or should I try to settle , will they take an offer
    I’m a single parent and on a low income , I deffo owe some money to vanquish although im aware Lowell purchased this for a low figure and that vanquish have ramped up that figure with charges .
    ive been looking for other vanquish cases and see that there paperwork is often shoddy , im a very anxious and nervous person and have a lot going on atm with a sick child so I just need this to be sorted out .
    Please help
    Last edited by Aatjjj; 26th November 2018, 14:16:PM.
    Tags: None

jaguar1954

Comment

I think i put this is the wrong place , will post in the other forum.

Comment

New thread here https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...-advice-please I'll close this one save any confusionment xxx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X