• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I.N.D ltd General Form of Judgement received.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You didnt file a defence ? The substitution seems to have taken place in November 2017 so would be within 6 years from the default, so even if substitution was deemed as a new claim it would have been in time and not SB.

The order in September says defence deadline extended ... but you'd entered a defence In 2012 and there isn't an order striking that out is there ? Can you give court a call tomorrow and ask them for the case details, explain you're confused why you've got a judgment as you entered a defence when the claim was originally brought and have received no order striking that defence out. Worth getting the history of this even if you just want to sort out instalments ( which would be form n245 with details of your income and expenditure and likely form Ex160 for fee remission - links below )

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...on-of-an-order

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-tribunal-fees

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Bearing in mind what you wrote in your first post, namely:

"Personal information:

I am unemployed and homeless. I've received a carers allowance for the past decade of around £50+ per week and been unable to work during that period. I don't own a vehicle or any household possessions. Just my clothing and my phone. "

I suggest you send them a stone and suggest they try wringing some money out of that, because they are on a complete hiding to nothing trying to get anything significant out of you.

Could you actually afford to pay them in (very small) instalments over many years?

I noted that you are worried about getting a CCJ, but that's been issued now, and you have no means of satisfying it. So, the next stage is just to get the debt collectors off your back. The bailiffs can't take your clothes or mobile phone, so there's literally nothing for them to seize.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        You didnt file a defence ? The substitution seems to have taken place in November 2017 so would be within 6 years from the default, so even if substitution was deemed as a new claim it would have been in time and not SB.

The order in September says defence deadline extended ... but you'd entered a defence In 2012 and there isn't an order striking that out is there ? Can you give court a call tomorrow and ask them for the case details, explain you're confused why you've got a judgment as you entered a defence when the claim was originally brought and have received no order striking that defence out. Worth getting the history of this even if you just want to sort out instalments ( which would be form n245 with details of your income and expenditure and likely form Ex160 for fee remission - links below )

Thank you Amethyst.

The only defence filed was in 2012 before IND's administrative error causing the 6 year delay.

I should be able to call tomorrow, I know I haven't handled it all as best as I could and am confused over many points, with luck I can get a little more clarity tomorrow.

Thank you for the forms, my primary concern was who I talk to to repay the debt.

Originally posted by 2222 View Post
        Bearing in mind what you wrote in your first post,
        Could you actually afford to pay them in (very small) instalments over many years?

I noted that you are worried about getting a CCJ, but that's been issued now, and you have no means of satisfying it. So, the next stage is just to get the debt collectors off your back. The bailiffs can't take your clothes or mobile phone, so there's literally nothing for them to seize.
        I have to try and repay, it is my debt, I am responsible for it. Anything more than £10 a week would be a struggle right now as I get carers allowance of £63, but I really do want to do my best. As much as I have no home of my own, I do have things registered at relatives addresses where I often couch surf. Is there a chance of going to prison if I don't/can't pay the money I owe?

I have clothing, a phone and a cheap laptop that are always with me, and with a few relatives, I have a box of books, a box of financial papers and some family photos. I have no savings or other money as I have been caring for a family member for so long and not working. So nothing really.

My concern is IND is now (received today) sending letters to a family members address where my bank account is registered and where statements used to get delivered, I'd be devastated if bailiffs were to go to their address and cause a problem, I understand this family member has nothing to fear, I just don't want them to suffer the hassle.

So to conclude. I talk to the court about paying this and not IND? As I'm pretty sure IND is sending me letters to this new address demanding I call them to discuss this case and to prevent further action.

Comment

Check with the court first about your defence. Tell them you didn't have any order before that one about an extension and thought you had already filed your defence back in 2012.

£10 a week is too much when your only income is Carers Allowance. More likely the court would look at £10 ( or less) a month. We don't have debtors prison so please don't be worrying on that score. But you should act, and the N245 seems the sensible option here. Apply to court to have payments set by the court based on your circumstances. It's the form N245 and you also want form EX160 for fee remission at the following links;

Are you getting everything that you are entitled to ? May be worth checking with Citizens Advice or Turn2Us whether you are (

https://www.turn2us.org.uk/
          )
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X