• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Pre legal Assessment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Pre legal Assessment

Hi,

I was just after some advise please regarding letters i receive from Lowell. Around 5 Years ago i got a provident loan, the company stopped coming to collect the repayments from me because the person i had always dealt we retired and no one seemed to replace him. The i received letters saying the debt had been sold. Now after all these years of receiving letters from Lowell today i have received one with Pre-Legal Assessment on it.

It lists 2 debts on it the provident loan listed as Vanquis? and another one which i know about. Now what i am wondering is, is this letter another scare tactic or is the next step court? I have always ignored the letters from Lowell in the past. Another thing which is confusing me is i have logged into my Lowell Account in the past and there are 4 accounts listed there but they arent mentioned on this letter. Trying to log into the account now the website doesnt want seem to want to log me just keeps loading.

Thanks for any help
    Tags: None

Hiya,

When you say 'Pre-Legal Assessment' - it that the title that Lowell have used on their letter - or is it a 'Letter of Claim' ?

Have you ever had a Vanquis credit card account ? ( not sure why you say it is the Provident Loan but labelled as Vanquis ?)

Do you have access to your credit files at the moment ? Could be worth checking there's nothing untoward on there.

If you can post a picture of the letter ( remove / cover personal details ) that will help forumlate a response - - if you do it with a phone camera you might have to do a screenshot as they come up a bit large straight off the camera.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Please see attached letter.

No ive never had a Vanquis card but the amounts add up, ive never understood why it was called that.

I have got a clearscore account which says
      • You don't have any court judgements, bankruptcies or Individual Voluntary Arrangements
      • You have no accounts in default or repossession
      • You've made very few applications for credit in the past year
      • You have held at least one of your accounts for several years
      • Very few/none of your accounts have overdue payments
      • Your largest credit card limit is relatively high
      • You have stayed within your credit card limit in the past year
      • Your current Telecoms balance is relatively low
      i cant see anything else that shouldnt be there, is there another one or better one to check?
      Attached Files

Comment

Sounds like these might be pretty old, as you've no defaults on your credit file, they may have fallen off already so being over 6 years old. On clearscore you should be able to see a list of the actual accounts being reported. The others to check on are Noddle and MSE Credit Club ( free access to Callcredit(transunion) and Experian - clearscore just covers Equifax )

They give very minimal information in that letter - it seems to be a pre-cursor to a letter before action and may simply be to entice contact before the debts go statute barred.

Do you recall how much you borrowed from Provident originally ? The amount seems high for a provident doorstep loan. Vanquis are part of Provident of course, but if it's a provident loan it should come under Provident as Vanquis is a subsid for the credit card side of things... bit odd. If you can find a bit more about the dates you could look at responding the Lowell with a 'prove it' type letter ( a CCA request for the agreement ) just want to be careful not to acknowledge the debts in case they are just on the cusp of being time barred.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

In regards to provident im not sure how much was burrowed.

Having just check noodle it is showing that i have 6 Lowell showing defaulted with the date of default being 26/11/13 and 09/06/14. 4 of which are the provident loans which add up to the amount on the letter received today.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X