• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BW legal and ccj

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sloane82 View Post
    I would get a subject access request from Orange and the debt collection agency you will have to pay £10 each to both parties, and find out what the debt is for ie non payment of contract, calls or early termination charges etc, as it has been over 6 year's it is statute barred under the statute limitation act 1980, why they are chasing you up is that they want you to make a payment dont do this as I have briefly read through I will again in depth is quite odd but debt collection agencies do this all the time to make there money I will look through again at all the information take care and send me a pm with any questions ok.
    Why?

Why PM? this is a public consumer forum, the information you provide may help other consumers, why encourage off forum discussions, it does not make sense? what are you afraid of??

Orange are not looking to issue a claim against the poster.Orange are not chasing the alleged 'debt', Orange's name will not be on the claim form, so there is no need to send Orange a DSAR at a costly £10 fee, when the poster can send £1 to the debt purchaser.

The debt purchaser is chasing the alleged 'debt'',

All enquiries are to be made to the debt purchaser, unless, that is, the court substitutes Orange to the proceedings, which will never happen, because Orange are nowhere to be found and even if found, will not be interested.

The poster said, and I have no reason to doubt the poster, he/she no longer owes Orange and in any event, that debt, however it came about, is statute barred.

Comment

I think we need to wait for the OP to clarify what exactly the position is

We know a defence was entered but no mention of what the 'form' is - it would help to know what that was - a DQ and I&E or something else

You must realise that should a S78 request be made the reposes will be that Telecoms agreements are not covered by S77-79

As for your comments about entities are less than helpful

Comment

I was just saying to get all information from both partys to read through to find out what the debt relates to.

Comment

From Orange and the debt collection agencies ok , ok its probably best to send messages via here it does not make sense why they are chasing you for the debt now obviously they have been, approached from a company to recover the debt but as it is statute barred yes you are better to take it to the small claims courts and win your case, as the debt is statute barred you have a good case to win this.

Comment

Some posts have been moved to Lampost for discussion so as not to detract from the OP's thread issue. Thanks xxx

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
            I think we need to wait for the OP to clarify what exactly the position is

We know a defence was entered but no mention of what the 'form' is - it would help to know what that was - a DQ and I&E or something else ?

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X