• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** WON ** asset collection & investigations vs IMNOTPAYINGYOU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imnotpayingyou View Post

I do want to get rid of them now !

My complaint is more along the lines of that the debt is in dispute and they are still trying to collect it, which I think is not allowed.

I would rather get rid of them now rather then later Amethyst
    You will not "get rid" of them. Only time does that.

You are just doing what I have done already & if you cannot get the support of Financial Services Ombudsman then it is a waste of time.

Not only is it a waste of time you are endangering yourself with each communication of giving them further evidence to relaunch legal action.

Comment

Thanks, I will send this email off to them and let you know when I hear back from them
      Don't email
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Do not email. Write. Put it in a letter and send it recorded delivery.

Actually might be an idea to add onto it that you withdraw any permission for them to communicate with you by email, or telephone, and everything should be in writing from now on.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Yes. I get FOS & FSO the wrong way around a lot.

OP needs to knock it on the head & ignore.

The best thing that is going to happen is after 6 years they will give up. Meanwhile he is going to waste a lot of money on recorded delivery & a lot of heartache & disappointment.

They do not have to stop chasing a debt they feel is valid & can support it somewhat regardless of the strike.

I doubt they will take it to court again but all it takes is a couple of wrong words in letters & emails & then they can launch action again without a problem.

I understand passion is involved but that will not stop events.

I have done exactly what the OP is doing & it is a complete waste of time, money & stress.

Comment

Thanks for your replies, after reading through everything again. I have decided to wait for TM legal to get in contact and if they do I will send out the letter to them saying this has already been thrown out in court and withdrawing any permission to communicate by email or phone.

Comment

Thanks for your replies, after reading through everything again. I have decided to wait for TM legal to get in contact and if they do I will send out the letter to them saying this has already been thrown out in court and withdrawing any permission to communicate by email or phone.
              Let me give you an analogy why you have just made the right decision.

You think Asset & TM are 2 separate companies. And they are 2 separate companies but the people/bodies that own them are linked.

So I own 2 semi-detached properties that adjoin each other. In one house I set up a business of a debt collection agency & in the other a legal team.

I own both companies.

Debt collection passes it on to legal services. Normally they would walk out of one building & knock the door of the legal services door & pass the information on.

But what you don't know is that I have knocked through the walls & made it an open plan house.

So technically you are dealing with the same office/officers regardless of talking to Asset or TM.

I seriously suggest you do not contact TM either & wait to see if the debt is passed of to a totally independent house or palmed back to court.

You talk about Asset & TM as like they are totally independent of each other. They are not. Trust me.

If any other companies get involved or the court come back to you then come back & post.

Comment

Originally posted by GBExile View Post

Let me give you an analogy why you have just made the right decision.

You think Asset & TM are 2 separate companies. And they are 2 separate companies but the people/bodies that own them are linked.

So I own 2 semi-detached properties that adjoin each other. In one house I set up a business of a debt collection agency & in the other a legal team.

I own both companies.

Debt collection passes it on to legal services. Normally they would walk out of one building & knock the door of the legal services door & pass the information on.

But what you don't know is that I have knocked through the walls & made it an open plan house.

So technically you are dealing with the same office/officers regardless of talking to Asset or TM.

I seriously suggest you do not contact TM either & wait to see if the debt is passed of to a totally independent house or palmed back to court.

You talk about Asset & TM as like they are totally independent of each other. They are not. Trust me.

If any other companies get involved or the court come back to you then come back & post.
                Hi

I looked into the company and literally the directors are the same for both,

My question is can they take me back to court ? going through that whole process again and potentially a CCJ. I literally just got my credit file completely clean and last month was the first time I have seen it go up .

Well whatever happens I am sticking by my username.

Comment

If they did you could apply to strike as per https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...13#post1474713
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yes they can take you back to court but then you should be able to get a strike unless they have come up with some significant information.

But seriously mate. You can waste a lot of time worrying about the what ifs & buts.

After losing in court with my ex 2 or 3 years ago they still send threatening emails but we just ignore them & in 3 months time the debt is statute barred anyway.

Comment

Hi

does anyone have information on Perch capital ?

i got a letter recently saying they have taken over my account but Asset was still servicing it :s

Comment

Hi

does anyone have information on Perch capital ?

i got a letter recently saying they have taken over my account but Asset was still servicing it :s
                        Is it for the same debt?

If so you know what to do. Ignore (but keep it all) until you get instructions from the court.

They are doing a tax write off & its the same owners as asset & tm legal. I doubt they will take you to court again.

If they do (which they won't) then cane them for all previous & current costs & harassment.

They are writing costs off by inventing another company. Its as dodgy as you get. You might want to report it to HMRC & the FCA & the FSO..
                        Last edited by GBExile; 14th October 2019, 22:07:PM.

Comment

GBExile

I had that thought that is was some kind of dodgy scam for them to avoid paying tax or maybe the payday company had been done for irresponsible lending.

I have ignored the letter as usual !

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X